Not Engaged Yet

DIY Shoe Advice

I want these shoes...

http://shoes-handbags.hsn.com/charm-and-luck-swarovski-crystal-covered-peep-toe-pump_p-3804573_xp.aspx

But I refuse to pay the price (and they are sold out). How difficult do you think it would be to buy a pair of white peep toe heels and "bedazzle" them with swarovski crystals? My mom thinks it is do-able. I think it could possible take forever.
~~December 3, 2011~~

Re: DIY Shoe Advice

• edited December 2011
    IMHO, with shoes,you often get what you pay for.  So theoretically, you could buy an inexpensive pair of shoes and bedazzle them yourself, but they may be so poorly made your feet are bleeding an hour into wearing them.

With shoes, particularly heels, I'd say always be willing to pay a bit more for a shoe that is 1) already decorated according to what you want and 2) comfortable enough for you to dance all night in.
  • edited December 2011
    Good Point Shoes... I think I would actually just wear them for the ceremony. For the reception, K wants us to wear running shoes (He is a marathon runner and he is starting to get me into running). At first he said for the ceremony too, but I can't imagine wearing a gorgeous dress and running shoes in a church.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • edited December 2011
    I think it could take forever...but if you're up for the task, I say go for it. I just wouldn't spend a lot of dough in case they didn't turn out like you imagined.
  • edited December 2011
    I found a very similar shoe. They're not Swarovski, but seriously - who's gonna know? Put 'em side by side, I couldn't tell the difference! (They come in silver, you just have to click on the color swatches)

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/audrey+brooke+kari+pump?prodId=210177&productRef=SEARCH

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not attempt it.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You've got time. I would say hold out and you might find something similar or something you like better.
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to threadjack, but....

Sunbird, I came so close to buying those exact same Rocketdog flats! They were the perfect color, but I just don't find true flats very comfortable. Please PIP what you did!
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Knowing me, I'd try it and say fvck this about 45 minutes in. Is it doable? Possibly. I highly doubt it would be worth your sanity though. Wait it out and see if other come along or save the name and keep a lookout for those.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice. I'll wait until I find a dress and then figure out what kind of shoes I'll wear with it. I just love doing DIY stuff.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

I saw a pair JUST like these at Marshall's!! They were obviously not crystals, but just as awesome. I tried them on and pined for them : P I would check it out.
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KAT!!! I was in Homegoods today and they had the cutest polka dot bakeware that reminded me of you.
  • edited December 2011
    I think that running shoes with a dress would be absolutely adorbale! I haven't heard of anyone doing it before, and I'm sure you can find some cute bridely ones!!

Also, imagine how comfortable they'd be.  Your feet will be in heaven as you walk down the aisle toward your future husband! If you get nike airs, you will totally be walkin' on air!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_diy-shoe-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5238f717-0fa4-4c19-a0a7-f459922be824Post:5bb10aa3-943d-4f6e-b142-35140e6eb283">Re: DIY Shoe Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that running shoes with a dress would be absolutely adorbale! I haven't heard of anyone doing it before, and I'm sure you can find some cute bridely ones!! Also, imagine how comfortable they'd be.  Your feet will be in heaven as you walk down the aisle toward your future husband! If you get nike airs, you will totally be walkin' on air!
    Posted by amsybot[/QUOTE]

He loves the idea. He wants all the groomsmen to wear running shoes also, because they are all runners. We were told that we shouldn't do it because it gives the impression that one of us might make a running break for it during the ceremony.
    ~~December 3, 2011~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards