Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Ribbon bouquet for the rehearsal

thought this was an appropriate place to share this link from my blog. It's a tutorial on how to make a ribbon bouquet at your shower from your gifts to carry for your wedding rehearsal.

It's a new take on that silly bow hat tradition moms and grandmas always want to do. I have mine ready for my 9/22 day! :)

http://spotofteadesigns.com/2012/05/03/how-to-make-a-ribbon-bouquet-for-the-rehearsal/

send it to your maid of honor or bridesmaids! :)
Spotofteadesigns.com - I blog about crafting, home decorating, baking, party planning and other creative things. See posts about my 9.22.12 wedding DIYs!

Re: Ribbon bouquet for the rehearsal

• That is super cute! I just sent the link to my mother and MOH. 
    White Knot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 invitedimage
    118 accept with pleasureimage
    35 decline with regretsimage
    4 are driving me crazyimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • My mom saved all the ribbons from my shower for me to do this!  I would have never thought of it and really love my mom's thoughtfulness. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Huh.  That's the only way I've ever seen it done.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_ribbon-bouquet-for-the-rehearsal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:fec20209-58ef-4c5d-a6db-832e4dad1856Post:46dfc9b7-46a4-486b-801f-51eee567fc83">Re: Ribbon bouquet for the rehearsal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Huh.  That's the only way I've ever seen it done.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

depends on the age group. older people make this as a hat with two ribbons on the sides and make the bride wear it on their head. its an older tradition that i hope is going away! haha
    Spotofteadesigns.com - I blog about crafting, home decorating, baking, party planning and other creative things. See posts about my 9.22.12 wedding DIYs!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_ribbon-bouquet-for-the-rehearsal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:fec20209-58ef-4c5d-a6db-832e4dad1856Post:070a5f01-d55b-4dfd-ad2d-6cd9d0ee701e">Re: Ribbon bouquet for the rehearsal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ribbon bouquet for the rehearsal : depends on the age group. older people make this as a hat with two ribbons on the sides and make the bride wear it on their head. its an older tradition that i hope is going away! haha
    Posted by Spotofteadesigns[/QUOTE]

<div>I've never heard of the hat thing.  I'm guessing it's regional?  Everyone I know - including my mom and her friends, who were all married in the 60s and 70s - had the ribbon bouquet.  It's always interesting to me to see the things that are so "normal" to one be an innovative idea to another.</div>
  • Nice to have instructions for us that are less-crafty.  I've seen this done alot, and if you have enough showers or enough bows, you can make a practice bouquet for each bridesmaid too, just for fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards