Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Exit Item/Bubble Alternative

Hey ladies!
I am in crunch time...32 days!!!
I'm trying to find an alternative to the exit toss.  My church doesn't allow ANY kind of tossing - no rice, birdseed, etc., and I find the idea of bubbles...well...a little tired. 
Any suggestions for alternatives?  We're to the point where we're thinking we'll just do nothing. 
Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!

Re: Exit Item/Bubble Alternative

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We aren't doing anything, but we are only having a few at the ceremony which is already outside.  Silly string?  Balloons?  My oldest sis and her husband let go a pair of doves. um... That's all I've got.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the ribbons idea. You attach a few ribbons in your wedding colors to a dowel. Then they wave them as you exit.

There is also a cool idea I saw on offbeatbride.com. They were pendant flags that said Yay! on them. It was cool.

You could also have fun and do noise-makers.
  • Options
    shlee323shlee323 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although I am using bubbles, I have seen a lot of people use sparklers and have them light up when you walk out, although this would require a lighter/matches which would be an extra expense, and fairly dangerous.  But, the pictures where I have seen it done it looks really great.  I've also heard of people releasing butterflies, balloons, or providing bells and having everyone ring them as you're walking out! Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    144image 85image 17image
    RSVPs requested by May 8th.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our church (St Ambrose Cathedral) didn't allow anything either.  And that was more than fine by us!  Honestly, just let people clap/scream/hoot and holler.  It's SO much better than waving ribbons around or fussing with little bubble containers.  If their hands are full with those items, it's too quiet!  Plus it's one less thing to ding your budget and one less thing to worry about forgetting at home or assigning to be passed out. 

Trust me, you won't miss that part at all :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • Options
    harpjenharpjen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you guys did a balloon release?  We did this for my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary and it was really cool!  We tied a note on each ballon with telling why we had a balloon release and their mailing address (it was a PO Box) and asked that if found, please send them a card.  It was really cool to see who and how far the balloons went.  

Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards