Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Non traditional bridal procession song--- HELP

I want to come in to something non-traditional. Don't really want Here comes the bride, BUT I DO want something slow and dramatic. A perfect example of something I would like is "chasing Cars" by snow patrol. A good friend just had that as her procession song so I can't really use it...lol.I was also thinking about "every Day" by rascal flatts.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.... THANK YOU!!

Re: Non traditional bridal procession song--- HELP

• edited December 2011
    Chasing Cars was done by the Vitamin String Quartet in an instrumental version, which is beautiful. You might be able to go that route so it doesn't feel like you ripped the song straight from your friend's wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using a string version of "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my FMIL loves the movie 'pride and prejudice' so, im having the moms walking into 'dawn'.  my girls and i will walk in with 'clair de lune'

now i just need to not weep every time i hear the song. haha!

if you want something more pop and less classical -- then yes, try some string quartet covers of songs.
  • edited December 2011
    The mothers and girls are coing ito the Suite from Forrest Gump (the song whrer the feather floats through the air) I am walking in as my brother sings "Love Never Fails" (song by Brandon Heath)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards