Chit Chat

Bouquet and Garter toss?

our dance is starting at 8pm. What time is the bouquet and garter toss usually held??

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bouquet and Garter toss?

• By "our dance" do you mean your first dance, open dancing, or reception?

Our reception started at 7pm
    Dinner at 7:45pm
    Toast
    Cake Cutting
    First Dance at 8:30ish
    Mother/Son Dance
    Father/Daughter Dance
    Anniversary Dance
    Bouquet/Garter Toss
    Money Dance
    Open Dancing (around 9:15ish/9:30pmish).
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • oh sorry. Our first dance will be at 8. and then mother of groom father of the bride wedding party dance and then i was thinking open dancing and then later on bouquet and garter or do these usually come before the dance floor is open?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto, Duds.
  • ok so our first dance is at 8 and then open dancing until about 845.  Then have the garter and bouquet toss together at that time sound good?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's really what makes  you most comfortable and how long your reception is.

We are going to do our first dance right after our intros, before dinner.  at 7:30Then toasts during dinner and open dancing following dinner. We plan to do cake cutting and garter/boquet toss near the end of the night. Probably around 10:30.

Our reception ends at 11:30. From what I have heard you usually do your cake cutting before you expect guests to start leaving the reception. So maybe an hour before your reception ends, pair the garter toss then?
  • ok. Our reception won't be done until 1am. We are having a late night buffet at 1200 and cake will be served with that. We are going to cut the cake around 1130. so I think maybe around 10 we will do the garter/bouquet.

And do you usually do them together.? My girls want me to play all the single ladies by beyonce during the tosss. So what if we started the song during the time dance floor is open and have the DJ lower the sound and announce the toss. Then the next song that comes on we will do the garter toss?

Also, our DJ has asked what song we want played during that. Any ideas? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_bouquet-and-garter-toss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:61db7a0a-26b1-46cb-92b8-5cc7ca88ee48Post:09a05f46-e97e-482c-8648-2480ab788cb2">Re: Bouquet and Garter toss?</a>:
    [QUOTE]By "our dance" do you mean your first dance, open dancing, or reception? Our reception started at 7pm Dinner at 7:45pm Toast Cake Cutting First Dance at 8:30ish Mother/Son Dance Father/Daughter Dance Anniversary Dance Bouquet/Garter Toss Money Dance Open Dancing (around 9:15ish/9:30pmish).
    Posted by TiffannieF[/QUOTE]

She is doing all of the reception formalities FIRST, then feeding her guests at 10:00pm.

ETA:  Seriously??  Now you have changed the buffet time to 12:00am??  Why in the world you you EVER do this to your guests?  You obviously didn't listen to a single person in the Food & Cakes thread you posted, when every single poster told you NOT to do this. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards