Catholic Weddings
Options

Catholic/Christian Invitations

Hi Ladies,

Have any of you found Catholic or Christian wedding invitations that you plan on using? I don't mean just the wording, but anything wth a cross or other symbol, or some type of religious motif? I've found some that are ok, but there are so few out there!

I like this one from vistaprint, but its almost too simple...
~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Catholic/Christian Invitations

• Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't find many that I liked, either!  I photoshopped my own and included a quote from Pope Benedict on the back that spoke of marriage.  (PIB)

You could do a custom design on Vistaprint, too!  I've seen a lot of ladies do this successfully.  After my own wedding is done (66 days... wooohoo!!!!), I'd be more than happy to help you make something if you like... I know some photoshop basics!

You could hunt around for graphics or motifs that you like and would like to include rather than trying to find a pre-made design that fits all your criteria.  Minted.com and WeddingPaperDivas.com are  my favorite sites to hunt for overall invitation design inspirations.
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    edited December 2011
    I think I actually saw some at Michael's and Wal-mart, but I can't remember for sure...

Another place to check... Do you have a Catholic store there?  Like one to buy rosaries and little prayer books?  I know they sell wedding program paper at a few of the Catholic specific stores here, so they may have invitations.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    catholicbride.com has some on their site I believe

A lot of the other places that do invitations also usually have a category for religious invites. They may not have a huge selection, but there should be a few.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_catholicchristian-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:6a128ee4-2515-4489-a221-7462e83eea6cPost:83a1bb72-c94e-4ea1-b694-c3f969a898cc">Re: Catholic/Christian Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could do a custom design on Vistaprint, too!  I've seen a lot of ladies do this successfully.  After my own wedding is done (66 days... wooohoo!!!!), I'd be more than happy to help you make something if you like... I know some photoshop basics! You could hunt around for graphics or motifs that you like and would like to include rather than trying to find a pre-made design that fits all your criteria.  Minted.com and WeddingPaperDivas.com are  my favorite sites to hunt for overall invitation design inspirations.
    Posted by newlyseliski[/QUOTE]

<div>What a thoughtful offer and great suggestions!! I was avoiding going custom at this point, but I think you're right, it's probably the best option for what I want. Glad to hear Vistaprint can do a good job with it.  Never heard of minted.com, I'll have to check it out!</div>
    ~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_catholicchristian-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:6a128ee4-2515-4489-a221-7462e83eea6cPost:60e894de-8757-415b-aff0-9f2898908cc9">Re: Catholic/Christian Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Catholic/Christian Invitations : What a thoughtful offer and great suggestions!! I was avoiding going custom at this point, but I think you're right, it's probably the best option for what I want. Glad to hear Vistaprint can do a good job with it.  Never heard of minted.com, I'll have to check it out!
    Posted by audreyjem[/QUOTE]

I don't think minted has any Christian or Catholic invitations, but the invitaitons and stationery on there sure are lovely.  Send me a PM in approximately 2 1/2 months and I'll be free of all this weddding stuff and will have ample spare time to help :)
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We never looked for Catholic explicit wedding invitations. We used standard, 100% ecru cotton stationery from Crane's and the engraving was charcoal black.

Very very simple and elegant

They have books with pages of wedding invites, every ethnic group and just about any feeling you wanted in your invites.

Then I went to a store I know in NJ that discounts Crane's 30%

and that shop referred me to a very inexpensive caligrapher in the next town.

If anyone lives in that area, PM me and I'll give you the contacts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards