Georgia-Atlanta

Find a Venue or Hire a Wedding Planner

Hello All,

I am having major issues here. I can't decide if I want to plan everything myself or just hire a wedding planner to do it for me. My fiance and I are in Kentucky right now and we are planning to have our wedding on May 25, 2013 in or around Atlanta to best suit both of our families. Our budget will be between $8,000 to $10,000 total and we will approximately have 130 out of town guest. I am looking for a venue that I can have both the ceremony and the reception in the same place and is not in a historical house or farm. If anyone knows of a venue or a wedding planner that is reasonable and very good, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, reply or pm me. Thank you in advance for your help! Wink

Re: Find a Venue or Hire a Wedding Planner

• When you say 8 to 10k total, does this include your dress, photog, flowers, etc? Do you want downtown Atlanta or metro Atlanta? I would check the Piedmont Room, Roswell River Landing, and Gala Events facility.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • im looking at peach brandy cottage its a few hours from atlanta but you can do everything there.  caroline is great to work with and answers everything usually same day but at times the next day.  im planning my wedding from cali since i will be relocating beginning of year
  • If you are looking for a hotel venue, the Hilton Northeast in Norcross and the Hilton Perimeter might be in your range if you are planning just heavy appetizers instead of trying to do a sit down dinner.  They both have shuttle access to MARTA stations for traveling guests as well.
    We Do - Since November 3, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_find-a-venue-or-hire-a-wedding-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:1e3cfb94-ffb2-4630-850b-2407a19e211dPost:6ec661fb-44b0-429f-838f-0cae659cd725">Re:Find a Venue or Hire a Wedding Planner</a>:
    [QUOTE]When you say 8 to 10k total, does this include your dress, photog, flowers, etc? Do you want downtown Atlanta or metro Atlanta? I would check the Piedmont Room, Roswell River Landing, and Gala Events facility.
    Posted by mrsfrontrunner[/QUOTE]

<div>My budget includes everything except for my dress. Although I like downtown Atlanta, I think I would prefer metro Atlanta, but I am very open to both. Thanks for the suggestions by the way!!</div>
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_find-a-venue-or-hire-a-wedding-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:1e3cfb94-ffb2-4630-850b-2407a19e211dPost:87992e15-49ec-4af3-95d1-197441df448f">Re: Find a Venue or Hire a Wedding Planner</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are looking for a hotel venue, the Hilton Northeast in Norcross and the Hilton Perimeter might be in your range if you are planning just heavy appetizers instead of trying to do a sit down dinner.  They both have shuttle access to MARTA stations for traveling guests as well.
    Posted by kgrawedding[/QUOTE]

<div>I never put into consideration a hotel venue. I will check both of these places out THANKS!!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_find-a-venue-or-hire-a-wedding-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:1e3cfb94-ffb2-4630-850b-2407a19e211dPost:418d6989-5916-4670-bacb-f8878dcea06d">Re: Find a Venue or Hire a Wedding Planner</a>:
    [QUOTE]im looking at peach brandy cottage its a few hours from atlanta but you can do everything there.  caroline is great to work with and answers everything usually same day but at times the next day.  im planning my wedding from cali since i will be relocating beginning of year
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]

<div>I saw that one and my fiance wasn't all that crazy about it. Now my question to you is, are you soley planning your wedding by yourself, or do you plan to hire a wedding coordinator?</div>
  • Crooked Pines Farm in Eatonton is a new venue that is incredibly addorable. They have a gorgeous barn where you can have both your ceremony and reception. They are offering a special right now of a $2,000 wedding package that is normally $4,000. An event coordinator comes with their package and can assist you with the planning. I would check them out. Here is the website where it shoes The Barn. http://www.crookedpinesfarm.com/the-barn.html
  • edited October 2012
    Try ktn ballroom. Beautiful atmosphere with elegance I plan to do both rec and cer there. U should double check. Its in duluth ga.. about 20min from downtown atlanta. Price is fair.. not too expensive and not too cheap for the package they provide. By the way.. my budget is under 10,000 as well as yours. Good luck! : www.ktnballroom.com
  • SO I am planning the details of my wedding myself, it is a somewhat DIY affair.  But I have hired a DAY OF coordinator tot ake care of making sure everythign runs smoothly for me so I can relaz and enjoy myself.  I am using Dee Bailey of Antique Rose Weddings and Events.  I am booking everythignmyself and sending contact info to her.  Very reasonable for one day, under $200, which is worth the cost of my sanity.  Being an out of towner you might want to get a regular wedding coordinator but Atlanta weddings can be expensive so you're loosing a chunk of change right off the top fo your budget.  If youa re able to get to town to see places and book things yourself, I'd go for a day off.  Just my two cents

http://www.antiqueroseweddings.com/
  • A big chunk of a wedding budget is alcohol. So if you are including alcohol for your guests, you may want to focus on places that allow you to bring your own and save lots of money. You would still have to hire a bartender via your caterer, for insurance and legal purposes.

So this rules out hotels in most cases.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards