Registry and Gift Forum

Home Depot and how do you say it?

My fiance and myself have owned a house for over a year. We are starting to think about our registry and I need help! We are going to register for extras of what we already have like sheets and towels because you always need them but we are in the process of renovating the entire house and would love things/gift cards from Home Depot to help us with the projects on our house! Ive done some research and can't figure out if Home Depot has a registry and if they don't does anyone have any ideas how to tell people thats what we would like without being tacky?

Re: Home Depot and how do you say it?

• You can set up a Home Depot registry, but it is only valid at the HD store where you actually set up the registry.
  • You could consider Sears for items like tools, drills, a shop vac, ect.  Not the same as lumber and paint, but it might help.  You can also let it be spread by word of mouth that you are doing home improvements and would love gifts cards to Home Depot.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would do what PP suggested except use amazon for tools instead of sears - amazon is great, and it's an online site many people are familliar with.  I've also seen some complaints about sears registries on these boards.  That said, craftsman tools are guaranteed for life so when it rusts or breaks sears will honor that warranty if you're not too embarrassed to use it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can also register for Home Depot gift cards on amazon.com.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_home-depot-and-how-do-you-say-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:b186230c-525b-4650-96a4-4a1a2f908e8dPost:ae2d4c3a-b9af-4ee8-a77e-683303d7dd36">Re: Home Depot and how do you say it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Home Depot and how do you say it? : I think most people would say this is rude since asking for gift cards is the same as asking for cash (which is considered rude)
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I'm in Camp Edie on this one - registering for gift cards is not better than registering for money.

OP, you could use an Amazon registry and register for power tools and stuff that way, or you could register at Sears as another PP suggested.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • We were kind of in the same boat... I spent our entire engagement wishing we could register at Lowes! We wound up registering at Sears for tools and the like, but nobody bought a thing off that registry.  I guess people don't like the idea of coming to a wedding with a wrapped up powerdrill?  We did get a couple hundred in gift cards to Sears though, so we'll be able to purchase some of those things. 
  • I'm the same boat too, quite frustrated that we can't do Home Depot because it would be much more useful! I wish they would get the idea.  That being said, I did an amazon registry.  And they have the universal registry now with amazon that you can link to items on other websites.  I'm not sure how well it works, I think I've heard that it doesn't update so well but at least people can get the idea of things you're looking for and if you get a few of the same things you can always exchange them I'm sure for other stuff. 
  • We registered at Home Depot and we had guests buy us things for the shower that were from different stores.. so it should be just fine.
  • abucskaabucska member
    First Comment
    You can register at Home Depot, it is just not online.  You have to go to the store to do it then your guests have to go to the service desk to get your registry.  We just registered there & are hoping people go there because we are in the same boat...have the house & pretty much all of the kitchen/bath stuff...just want to renovate!! At the top of the registry it says that gift cards are welcome......so that's a less tacky way of asking for them since it is not you putting it on there, just the store including it on the top.
  • abucskaabucska member
    First Comment
    You can register at Home Depot, it is just not online.  You have to go to the store to do it then your guests have to go to the service desk to get your registry.  We just registered there & are hoping people go there because we are in the same boat...have the house & pretty much all of the kitchen/bath stuff...just want to renovate!! At the top of the registry it says that gift cards are welcome......so that's a less tacky way of asking for them since it is not you putting it on there, just the store including it on the top.
  • rpgkegrpgkeg member
    First Comment
    Thanks everyone for your help! Called our local Home Depot and they said you can come into the store to register amd they are working on getting it online!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards