Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Reflections on Spring Creek

Is anyone else having their wedding/reception here? 
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Reflections on Spring Creek

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure.  Here is a wedding that McGowan Images shot there not too long ago if you're wanting to see some pics.

http://www.mcgowanimages.com/blog/?p=6287

http://www.mcgowanimages.com/blog/?p=6261
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked into it.  For comparable venues, they were more than double the average in costs.  I didn't think it was worth it but it is beautiful
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Kendall - really? I compared soooo many places all across DFW and no one could beat their price.  Even when I priced out a DIY wedding, by the time we rented everything, brought in food, paid for a bartender or peace officer, etc it was actually more expensive. :(  I also didn't want to have it be incredibly stressful on my family and friends to be responsible for setting up and tearing down everything, cleaning up, and returning all of the rentals while we are gone after the wedding. It is still more than I wanted to spend though -- oh well.  I'm glad you got such a great deal somewhere else!  Reflections does look nice but I'm sure your place will be just as beautiful once you put your personal touches on it Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_receptions-spring-creek?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:5c114fa8-a65b-4aa0-9c85-679a59201b60Post:d445a6a6-97b3-404f-92b6-a0f46f06b70c">Re: Reflections on Spring Creek</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Kendall - really? I compared soooo many places all across DFW and no one could beat their price.  Even when I priced out a DIY wedding, by the time we rented everything, brought in food, paid for a bartender or peace officer, etc it was actually more expensive. :(  I<strong> also didn't want to have it be incredibly stressful on my family and friends to be responsible for setting up and tearing down everything, cleaning up, and returning all of the rentals </strong>while we are gone after the wedding. It is still more than I wanted to spend though -- oh well.  I'm glad you got such a great deal somewhere else!  Reflections does look nice but I'm sure your place will be just as beautiful once you put your personal touches on it
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]
    It is so worth it to not have to do that IMO if it's in your budget.  My MIL visited Reflections early on in our search.  She liked it but we ended up going a different direction.  Did you book it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're not having our wedding there, but we did look at it.  I agree that it's a really nice space. And everyone we talked to there was really helpful and professional, and they accommodated us on a drop in. FMIL really wanted us to book there.

The drawbacks for us are things that probably wouldn't necessarily deter everyone. Budget did factor in for us. I didn't think the costs were outrageous considering everything included, but it would have ended up being a stretch for us.

I think the main issue was that we wanted to have more flexibility as far as time for taking pictures, extending the reception if people are still having a good time, etc. And IIRC they book multiple weddings in the same day and so have somewhat rigid time slots. For other people that's probably not as big of an issue.

The other main reason was that although it's a beautiful space, it just didn't really feel like "us." But the vibe looks totally different to me in the pictures Stephie posted, so maybe it just depends on the lighting and the crowd, idk.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Stephie -- I just hated thinking about leaving everything up to my family like that.  My parents, his parents, and our friends have SO much going on anyway that I would have felt really guilty leaving and knowing they were all there, exhausted, cleaning up at midnight.  :-/  Yes, we did book it. :)  I'm doubting myself now thinking, "okay I thought I did a lot of research but maybe I missed something?"  I hope it's not a decision I regret.

@nickandmerritt -- I can completely understand that.  The picture thing does bother me, but I think its something we can work with as photography isn't that important to me.  And the inflexibility on the hours is definitely a downside, I 100% agree with you.  It's been frustrating to try to figure out how to arrange everything at times.  I understand the "vibe" thing too.  Kind of like college is college but for some people, when they set foot on a certain campus, everything just feels "right."  Budget ... we all understand budgets ALL too well.  That's great you found somewhere that fits you all, feels right, and also fit your budget -- that's awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_receptions-spring-creek?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:5c114fa8-a65b-4aa0-9c85-679a59201b60Post:12d25b9d-c8ff-4c38-aac8-a93fc90fb114">Re: Reflections on Spring Creek</a>:
    [QUOTE]The picture thing does bother me, but I think its something we can work with as photography isn't that important to me.  Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

Well, I want to point out that those pictures above were taken by a wonderful photographer.   A good photographer can work wonders with any venue or timeline given to him or her.  So don't discount photography.  Just my $.02.

Oh and congratulations on booking your venue!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Stephie!  No, I don't discount it, but I was just saying its not as important to me as it is to many other people.  I have three (much) older brothers, and at all of their weddings, we took an exhaustive amount of tediously posed family pics.  I hated it, and it took FOREVER.  We spent what seemed like hours before the wedding shuffling around taking pics.  I don't want that.  A few posed shots that include everyone and that's just about all I need.  I'd so much rather have candid, more "artistic" shots and pictures of people enjoying themselves, having a good time, and capturing the moment...not capturing so much the posed stuff.  That's just me and my likely very strange viewpoint though, lol. Tongue out
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No ITA.  Again, a good photographer will focus on getting those meaningful shots and leave the posed shots to a minimum.  I just didn't want you to feel like your timeline would keep you from getting good pictures. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards