North Carolina-Outer Banks

Noise Ordinances and Reception End Time

For those of you having your receptions in Corolla (specifically Pine Island for me), do you know what the time restriction is for the noise ordinance?  I initially wanted our reception to go from 7-11 (ceremony 530 -6, cocktail hour 6-7) but my wedding planner is urging us to end the reception at 10.  I tried looking up the time and could only find it listed on the the Currituck Club website where it says that the noise ordinance begins at 11 PM.  I'm not sure why she would be urging us to make the reception end before it needs to, does anyone else know the time for certain?

Thanks!

Re: Noise Ordinances and Reception End Time

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

I would just call the local sherriff's office and ask them...I would hope they would be able to answer this :)

• edited December 2011
    I was wondering the same thing.  My event home is on Pine Island as well.  What house did you choose for your wedding?  I'm at Carolina Dream on Deep Neck Rd.
  • edited December 2011
    My soon to be FIL has a house on the 4x4 beach. We are having the wedding and reception in Corolla. The Noise Ordinance is till 10pm. I have had numerous Venodrs and neighbors help with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards