Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

missnowmrs.com reviews!

Anyone ever used it? It looks super helpful and it's only $30. A friend of mine got it for her cousin as a wedding gift! GREAT idea! It changes your Social Security info, Creditor info, Passport, Drivers License etc...

Anyone have any words of wisdom on this?

L

12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: missnowmrs.com reviews!

• edited December 2011
    Meh, I don't think ya need it.  It hasn't been too difficult to do this on my own, plus then you have to give out all that personal info.
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have heard about this... we were talking about it on our Month board and the reality is I won't use it because I don't want to give out that personal information including your social sec. #, drivers license information, full names, addresses, Credit card information etc... all for something I can do myself with the ease of mind knowing some joe schmoe doesn't have my info.
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This comes up every month or so - here's my $.02 for what it is worth.

Changing most of your stuff is very low cost or free.  In order to use that service, you're giving them ALL of the information that someone would need to steal your identity.  Sure, changing all that is a pain but it isn't as big of a pain as people make it out to be.  The world is not going to end if your electric bill is in your maiden name either.  I still find stuff that I forgot to change 2 years later.  It isn't a big deal and is typically fixed by sending a photocopy of your marriage certificate to the company in question.  Set aside a day to take care of changing things and then you're done. 

You can never be too careful with your personal identity information these days.  I had to freeze my credit because someone was fired from my MORTGAGE company and stole customer data.  Why hand over all the tools some unscrupulous person would need to walk off with your bank records and live high on the hog for a while until the money runs out?!    Sorry- but I think that it is a horrible idea.  I'd rather know I did my best to safeguard my data as much as I possibly could and take care of any minor hiccups in the process myself than trust some outside agency to do a good job of it and keep my info safe too.
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome points ladies. Thank you!!! :)
    12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I'll ditto PPs re: security concerns.  Also- I don't think they ACTUALLY do the name change for you. It just provides you all the forms you need (which are pretty easy to find on your own anyway, TBH.)

I do have a template I used when I emailed all of my CCs, student loans, banks, Comcast, and credit bureaus.  I can share that with you if you want? I just sent the same letter (with updated acct info) to each of them with a copy of my marriage certificate. (Just a plain old b&w copy is all they needed.)
  • I tried Miss now Mrs and really wished I hadn't.  Saves no time......in fact, takes more time.  No form they provided was actually what I needed.  I had to look up the addresses for my banks, credit cards, etc. myself.  Then, the form that the website provided was missing something.  It would be way, way faster to just contact your bank directly, find out exactly what they require (since they are all a little different) and go from there.

Save your money, DO NOT BUY Miss Now Mrs!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards