Pre-wedding Parties

Shower Times

I wanted to get some feedback from some women who dont know me and get a true opinion. Would you be apposed to attending a Friday or Saturday evening bridal shower with hor dourves and wine rather than a sunday afternoon buffet meal. My sister and I are planning this wonderful romantic seatting with dim lighting and candles. The idea it to have a girls night out rather than the typical sunday afternoon shower. We are thinking everyone wear thier "little black dress" evening out with the girls.
Looking for feedback!

"The Lost Bride"

Re: Shower Times

• utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's fine, but make sure the invites say wine and appetizers so people don't come super hungry. I think it sounds fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with pp, it could be great, but I don't think you can really dictate what color dress people wear (may not be what you're doing but if you word it that way, that's what it sounds like).

Also, I just want to check, you're not hosting your own shower asre you?
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-times?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:05bd7972-f689-4ea8-b117-f68676bf8bf2Post:acfd1549-f5e7-487c-b078-46bc2e98f2b9">Re: Shower Times</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never been to a shower that involved a full meal OR alcohol.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

And I've never been to one that didn't.

It really depends on the crowd and where.  My godmother is hugely important to me and she's one person I can think of who would not want to give up a night.  And if the shower is at a meal time then you need to at least have enough food that equals a full meal even if it's not a sit down dinner.

And definitely don't dictate the dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Most of the showers that I have attended have been Sat or Sun afternoon luncheons, including a full meal, and usually alcohol. And they last for 3 hours or more.

I would enjoy the cocktail party shower, for a change, though. Just make sure you schedule it late enough that the guests won't expect a meal - if that's what's typical in your circle. Will the party be in someone's home or at a club? Don't forget the host will have to pick up the tab for the food and drinks - so it could get expensive.

• pdeannapdeanna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter would like to do something a little different and suggested a breakfast/brunch bridal shower. It will most likely be in April or May and you never know about the weather in Cleveland. Does anyone have suggestions for a great location (restaurant/club/tearoom/country club) that would accomodate this affair?It will be around 40 people and we are open to anywhere 15 minutes east or west of Westlake!
  • edited December 2011
    pdeanna- Look in the blue column on the left of this page, click on 'Local Wedding Boards.' There is a board for the Cleveland area. The ladies there might be able to help with some suggestions.
    The brunch idea sounds wonderful. Happy planning!

• ldomonkosldomonkos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea. Something different that would be a nice change of pace. I would just inform the guests the type of shower it  will be! Have fun!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your feedback it is greatly apreciated!
  • edited December 2011
    Love the idea! A great change of pace for some and a girls night out all at the same time!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards