Just Engaged and Proposals

Re: op

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    What do you mean the gold chipped?  Is the ring plated in gold? If it's not plated then you should look at a different ring, or even store, because the gold shouldn't be chipping.

ETA: It's a beautiful ring, BTW.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If it's supposed to be solid instead of gold plated I would definitely go back to the place you got it and get it fixed or get a refund and get something similar from another jeweler.

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • It is supposed to be 14kt. It might be that since the gold is so then there, any little scratch looks like a chip..idk.
  • Well, all rings/metal scratch. Even if you get a  plain gold band it will scratch.

Gold is a softer metal, when it scratches you can lose metal (gold wedding rings get thinner & thinner over time).

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • what is wrong with you people?
  • Ring number 1. If you specify what was wrong with the first ring, the jeweler will do anything to fix it to keep you as a customer. The odds of them messing up is slim to none. Go with the first one, plus, i like it more.
    He stole my heart, so I'm stealing his last name.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_opinions-rings-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:f1efb125-f872-4971-a437-1ca290fb4e10Post:eb595f7f-fb46-48d8-891f-3dcbf34e30a7">Re: Opinions on Rings Please :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]what is wrong with you people?
    Posted by chilton56[/QUOTE]

Everything? But what is your point?

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_opinions-rings-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:f1efb125-f872-4971-a437-1ca290fb4e10Post:eb595f7f-fb46-48d8-891f-3dcbf34e30a7">Re: Opinions on Rings Please :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]what is wrong with you people?
    Posted by chilton56[/QUOTE]
    Would you care to elaborate? 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_opinions-rings-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:f1efb125-f872-4971-a437-1ca290fb4e10Post:993fb3c7-bf2e-4bb8-b794-02bfa1db1f66">Re: Opinions on Rings Please :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Opinions on Rings Please :) : Would you care to elaborate? 
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Apparently they didn't want to elaborate. lol </div><div>
    </div><div>As far as the ring goes, If it's truly a chip in the gold then you shoul dlook at  a different store because they obviously aren't selling quality jewelry.  We're getting our rings online, but you just have to make sure you look at the return policy and folow it to a T! Good luck!</div>
  • I would ask your jeweler about it and find out if it's a chip or scratch and if it's something you can expect to happen a lot. I do like the first one better, so I say try to salvage the first one :)
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • i love the second one!!

Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • Small scratches are expected with gold since it is soft.  If it's chipped or the prongs are broken, I would most definitely take it back to the jeweller for replacement or repair, and make sure you don't pay for it if damage actually happened within one week.  They can do the settings or thin edging in platinum or lower karat gold that is more durable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards