Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Want to give our children a gift

Hi Everyone,

We want to give our children a special gift during or before our ceremony . Ages 3 boy,10 girl, and 13 boy. I am open to suggestions on what to give them. 

thanks for your thoughts.

Re: Want to give our children a gift

• Options
    I agree! Do it before the ceremony! Your ceremony is about you and your fiance! As far as what to get them think about something that would be special to them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They shouldn't have this gift giving as a part of the ceremony.  Unless they're in the wedding party or you're doing something unity-oriented like the sand thing with them, I wouldn't make them a focus since they could get nervous.
  • Options
    I have nothing to add to this, but I definitely read this as "want to give our children as a gift".
  • Options
    You can give them a piece of jewelry or a watch.  You and your soonto be husband are giving each other a ring so giving them a piece of jewelry kind of ties in with you two as wel.  I do agree that you can give them the present before or right after the ceremony.  It will give you an opportunity to have a more private moment with them instead of calling them out in front of everyone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Give them something before. Don't put them on the spot. Plus YOUR wedding is not about your children. 
  • Options
    My God, people are so stupid. I read this and see that you asked them WHAT you should get them as a gift! NOT when you should give it to them.
    I think for the boys, your soon to be husband should give it to them.
    The girl should get her gift from YOU, the mom. This will make it more personal.
    For your daughter, a bracelet and flowers would be excellent and make her feel special.
    The boys could be something a little more commical but sentimental. Like a special toy picked out by your FI. Or a a cool necklace that FI would wear himself so they feel like him.
    As for the 13 year old, that is a hard age to shop for!
    I would write a letter to him. Short and sweet, and a nice boyish necklace, or even a giftcard. For teenage boys, the sentimental idea just doesnt click in with them yet!

Tell me what uou think :)
  • Options
    If you need to ask what you need to buy your own children, do you really think it's necessary??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_want-to-give-our-children-a-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:69ac9b6f-5a63-4e53-80c6-772c8e2b79b7Post:c8162a31-b576-4cbd-b487-f4f17b8eb6e8">Re: Want to give our children a gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]JSterling, what I think is that The Knot probably isn't the best place for you.  You were supposed to read the Terms of Service you agreed to when you joined.  Telling the other posters they are stupid is a personal attack, and all your other posts are "vote for a contest" posts.  Those are against the rules.  Note that they were all removed.  I hope the moderator banned you at the same time.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]
     Nope, not banned ;). And no i didnt call the OP stupid. Read again swwetheart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_want-to-give-our-children-a-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:69ac9b6f-5a63-4e53-80c6-772c8e2b79b7Post:c8162a31-b576-4cbd-b487-f4f17b8eb6e8">Re: Want to give our children a gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]JSterling, what I think is that The Knot probably isn't the best place for you.  You were supposed to read the Terms of Service you agreed to when you joined.  Telling the other posters they are stupid is a personal attack, and all your other posts are "vote for a contest" posts.  Those are against the rules.  Note that they were all removed.  I hope the moderator banned you at the same time.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

And notice I only posted 3 of the vote things. For a sweet little girl I know. with Cancer. Not "all over the boards". Learn to read ;) buhbye
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards