June 2012 Weddings
Options

Where are you going on your honeymoon?

I was thinking the carribean, or the east coast.  Where are you ladies going?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?

• Options
    We couldn't decide so we're splitting out time, one week in the Cook Islands and one week in New Zealand, can't wait!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c4bd53ae-0c3f-4668-a783-db81eb9a8137Post:dc9cd8e0-b6a6-4a84-8a87-959776277f99">Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We couldn't decide so we're splitting out time, one week in the Cook Islands and one week in New Zealand, can't wait!!!
    Posted by meganbear1[/QUOTE]

New Zealand sounds fantastic!

We're going to Ireland!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c4bd53ae-0c3f-4668-a783-db81eb9a8137Post:0d10fc9b-484f-42b1-ae02-cdab18d31336">Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon? : New Zealand sounds fantastic! We're going to Ireland!
    Posted by tyleet87[/QUOTE]

I am so JEALOUS. I wanted Ireland so bad but we don't have enough time. :( We just started new jobs and only felt comfortable asking for a week and a half off total for the wedding/honeymoon. We've been leaning towards maybe Cabo...but nothing is planned yet.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c4bd53ae-0c3f-4668-a783-db81eb9a8137Post:dc9cd8e0-b6a6-4a84-8a87-959776277f99">Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We couldn't decide so we're splitting out time, one week in the Cook Islands and one week in New Zealand, can't wait!!!
    Posted by meganbear1[/QUOTE]

New Zealand sounds awesome!  I went to Australia in 09 and I would love to go back.
  • Options
    Hawaii.  We are going to San Diego for 2 days, Oahu for 2 days and Maui for 5 days.  Where on the east coast are you looking to go?
  • Options
    We're going to P*nta Cana for a week!

It's funny to hear you say you want to go to the East Coast...probably as funny as me wishing I could go to Colorado but honeymoon isn't during ski season!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c4bd53ae-0c3f-4668-a783-db81eb9a8137Post:e888cc62-f1ac-4333-ad0d-c07ced1b5d39">Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hawaii.  We are going to San Diego for 2 days, Oahu for 2 days and Maui for 5 days.  Where on the east coast are you looking to go?
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]

We are looking at Maine or Cape Cod.  Maybe the Vermont Area.  We should decide soon and book, but we aren't sure if its in the budget yet.  We should know in another month.
  • Options
    We are going to Costa Rica! Yay!
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
  • Options
    We're going on a Cruise to Progreso and Cozumel Mexico! so excited!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

We are either going to South Africa or on a cruise, but we won't be going until next winter.  It is just too busy for us in the summer months.  Besides, it would be a nice break from the usual freezing temps to go somewhere really warm. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Monterey, CA. Beautiful and laid back with great restaraunts and everything from the beach to the redwoods.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c4bd53ae-0c3f-4668-a783-db81eb9a8137Post:5f6de697-6931-4f85-8ffb-30735148a581">Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon? : We are looking at Maine or Cape Cod.  Maybe the Vermont Area.  We should decide soon and book, but we aren't sure if its in the budget yet.  We should know in another month.
    Posted by Rejufsovelem[/QUOTE]

I grew up in Maine, my FAVORITE place in the world is Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor!  It's so gorgeous there, almost entirely little local shops, and the restaurants are great.  I highly recommend it.

We're going to Disney World, possibly starting with a cruise to Florida.  I can't wait - but we're not going until next January, when the temperatures are bearable and the lines are short, haha!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c4bd53ae-0c3f-4668-a783-db81eb9a8137Post:769666f1-f692-438b-8108-24c6c46c5dac">Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon? : I am so JEALOUS. I wanted Ireland so bad but we don't have enough time. :( We just started new jobs and only felt comfortable asking for a week and a half off total for the wedding/honeymoon. We've been leaning towards maybe Cabo...but nothing is planned yet.
    Posted by amyl9[/QUOTE]

Oh that sucks but it's understandable. We are going slightly longer than that. I asked for 2 weeks and 1 day off. We're going to Ireland for 12 days.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are going on a Carnival cruise that leaves out of Baltimore and goes to Fort Lauderdale/Orlando, Nassau, and Freeport.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • Options
    We are going to Hawaii (Kauai, Maui, and the Big Island).
  • Options
    we are going to Fiji!! I'm SO excited, this will be my first ever trip out of the country (FI's been to europe twice, canada once). Best part is that Dad paid for the resort for 9 nights/10 days, since he has a time share, so we might even be able to go off island and stay at one of the other little islands around!! can you say "return to blue lagoon" anyone?! YES! the filmed part of it there, and I would LOVE to go there!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    We're not doing anything big since we're planning on moving right around then and need to save for that. We're spending a week in Gatlinburg, TN in the Great Smokey Mountains. I've been there before and I love it, but FI's never been so that should be a lot of fun. We've got a little cabin all to ourselves. :)
  • Options
    We are going to Turkey and the Greek Isles for 2 weeks. We can't wait. This weekend we ate at a Turkish restaurant and they gave us some great suggestions. We are going back with our travel books for more input. 
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c4bd53ae-0c3f-4668-a783-db81eb9a8137Post:e71a0f3b-bedb-42ed-9df0-2b56f62e577f">Re: Where are you going on your honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI wanted to go on a cruise, but<strong> I don't have a passport yet and don't really see the point of getting one before I change my name</strong>, so we're taking a four day trip to Las Vegas right after the wedding and then probably going on a big cruise for our one year anniversary! Neither of us has been to Vegas before, so we're both pretty excited.
    Posted by sjhansen28[/QUOTE]

I believe you can get it canged for free if you do it within a year of getting your passport.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are going to St. Lucia Sandals!  I cannot wait! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards