Florida-Central Florida

What should Fi wear?

Ok, so Fi and I decided he would wear a suit instead of a tux, but we don't know what he should wear. I was originally thinking a black suit, black shirt, and royal blue tie... but I'm not sure if that would look right. Then I wondered about a vest, do people even wear vests with suits?

SO, I'm asking for some opinions, what would you girls suggest (as far as shirt/vest/tie) to wear with a black suit? (FYI: Our main color is Royal blue, we don't really have accent colors)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.

Re: What should Fi wear?

• edited December 2011
    your colors are royal blue and red?  Personally I think the black black and blue looks like a high school prom.  If he gets a matching three-piece suit then yes there is a vest.  I would buy him a nice three-piece tailored suit (dillards has a great suit section) and pick up a nice either ivory dress shirt for a pattered blue tie. or a navy suite with a brighter blue pocket square for a pop of color and a blue stripped shirt with skinny dark blue tie. (my FI says that three-peice suits don't fit all men's body types).  The groom should stand out too and not just look like the rest of the bridal party or worse the decorations.
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, no red... just royal blue.

We aren't having a bridal party, it will just be me and fi. The ceremony is small immediate family and then he'll wear the same thing to the reception where everyone will be there.

Suit shopping is def hard for Fi (He's 6'8" and around 290ish). I do like the idea of the pocket square!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you 100% set on a black suit?  If not, what about a gray/dark gray suit with a royal blue tie?
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if he wears a vest, it'll look too much like the tux which doesn't seem to be what you want.  I have seen some people do an all linen/tan suit with a matching tan vest for a beach wedding. But, if you're doing the colored vest, you might as well just have him wear a tux.  I'm not really a fan of the black shirt with black suit.  It looks really flashy/trendy and will look totally out of date like something from the seventies in ten years or so.  I would have him wear a blue tie and a white/ivory shirt or perhaps a blue shirt with a white tie if you want him to look different than the groomsmen.  
  • edited December 2011
    I would say have him wear a dark blue suit with a white shirt a patterned blue tie and blue pocket square. A guy with that frame doesn't need to me very flashy it will look bad.  You want to compliment him. If you got ot dillards or department store they can easily find things that will fit him and measure him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards