African American Weddings
Options

CHECKS!!! (PIP)

I finally have some checks to report :)

- booked caterer (so excited about this one!!!)
- booked videographer
- booked officiant (thanks to my dad on this one :)  The offciant will be our former pastor and he has also agreed to do our wedding counseling as well. We'll have to figure out how this will work, since he lives in Columbus which is over 2 hours away from Atlanta. My mom suggested we do it over the phone, but I don't know about that)
- ordered STDs...they should come in sometime this week and will be mailed out by the end of April
- BM dress selected (I initially selected a cocktail length dress, but I think this one fits the wedding better) It's a little pricey at $199 from Pearl' place, but none of the girls seem to mind. I told them they can wear whatver silver shoes they already own, so no additional expense there. I've told them to order by the end of April.

- our e-pics are done and we received the dvd with our pics --- they turned out great!
- Wedding website is done - check us out at www.helenandediru.com

To-do's (hope to have these done by the end of the month or April at the latest)
- book pastry chef for wedding cake and grooms cake
- book make-up and hairstylist
- We're meeting with the manager at our venue this wednesday (she's our forist and DOC as well) to see initial options for centerpieces and bouquets, so we can set a budget for that. 
- book DJ 
- book honeymoon
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CHECKS!!! (PIP)

• Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Those are a lot of checks.  That BM dress is very pretty.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Those dresses are gorgeous! And I love the website! Good job girl! Congrats on the checks!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lots of checks congrats. LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress I would so buy that and wear it today I am thinking New Years 2012! lol

Runs to go check out website :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks! Smile
  • Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    edited December 2011
    BM dress is Fire!!! Congrats on the checks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That BM dress is sssooooo.... HOTT!!! Love it! Especially because it is Purple!!! :-) Congrats on all of your wonder checks!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You have one of the best wedding website I've seen yet! I stopped looking at it just to come type this ok now I'm going back to finish looking at it...Excellent Job! Congrats on all your checks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! LOVE all the checks! And whoa! If the dresses are $199 at PP, how much are they regularly?!
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies :)

@ Tyboyd - I don't know and don't think I even want to know lol. When I initially started looking online, I saw the dress for $141 on some website and was so excited!!! One on my BMs thought it was too good to be true, so she called PP and they had them for $199. Upon further investigation, the website that had them for $141 only sells replicas - they don't order from the designer. I think by this time all the girls already fell in love with the dress
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards