Flowers

Different Bridesmaids Bouquets?

Does my MOH get a different bouquet from my other bridesmaids?  Wasn't sure if that was necessary and then if that meant the Best Man and the groomsmen had different boutineers too.

Re: Different Bridesmaids Bouquets?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They don't have too.  All of my BM had the same bouquets, which were the same as mine except I didn't have any gerber daisies in mine. 

ETA: All the GM and fathers had the same color bouts and DH had a different color but same flower.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Back in the days when the maid of honour wore a differnt colour than the rest of the bridesmaids, her bouquet was a smaller version of the brides, colours to match her dress.  If all your bridesmaids are wearing the same colour, the bouquets should all be the same, the boutoniere's should match the bouquets.  The groom's should always match the brides bouquet.  Bunches Bob, Floral designer
    Bunches Bob "Have Fun With Those Blooms"
  • edited December 2011
    It is not necessary at all. I have found a lot of wedding pictures from http://blog.bridesview.com/ but I don't see any of them that uses different bridesmaids bouquets.
    Bridesview
  • db1985db1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its all totally up to you and your preferences.  My 3 bridesmaids are wearing black and carrying bouquets of pink gerbara daisies.  My MOH will wear pink and carry a bouquet of pink roses.  I will carry a bouquet that has both to tie everything together.  My groom, groomsmen, and dads will all match and have bouts with a single pink rose.  

• razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is totally up to you - this is what we did

MOH and Bridesmaids had the same bouquet
    Best Man and Groosmen had the same bout (billy ball)
    His Dad and Mom's flowers match Groom (orchid) --- Groom had 1 orchid and 2 billy balls to tie his parents and men
    My Dad and Mom's flowers matched one of the flowers in my bouquet (roses)
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The MOH bouquet can be different if you want it to be.

Personally, I think its more practical and less stressful to do all the BM bouquets the same or similar.  While all the BMs details don't need to be cookie cutter identical, I find it distracting when one BM's dress or flowers stand out from the others (except for the bride's of course).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards