Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal showers & gift registry

My wedding is in four months, and we have registered at a few places, for our bridal shower. His family, and my best friend want to throw a shower for me & the hubby to be. Should  I tell one that they shouldn't throw a shower because the other wants to, or just let them both have a good time with it?
Also, how do we get the word out where we are registered, so everyone will know what we need for our new home, without sounding rude?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Bridal showers & gift registry

• edited December 2011
    You can have more than one shower if it's offered.  I would avoid having them with overlapping crowds.  So if his family offered, have one with just his family (for example.)  

If you would prefer to have one, I would ask the two offering-hostesses if they'd like to join forces and just do one with everyone.  

And for bridal showers, it will be the hostesses' job to let people know where you are registered.  They can include it in the bridal shower invite or do it by word of mouth.
  • lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually in a shower invitation, you write down "the couple is registered at..." or many places give you little cards to stick in the invites that say the name of the store and your registry number.

suggest that your best friend work WITH his family to put on a shower?

I hate 2 showers also. I told my FMIL that I do not want 2 because all alot of stuff going on in my life. She finally let it go after a month of whining.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards