Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Tuxes!

Hi -

I need some advice on tuxes for the guys!! I have about 2 million coupons from all of these places and just can't decide. Any good or bad experiences that you want to share?

Thanks Laughing

Re: Tuxes!

• Options
    KellyS01KellyS01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Tuxedo Junction.  They had the most options as far as vest designs in each color.  My bridesmaid dresses are "watermelon" from David's Bridal so we figured we would end up at Mens Wearhouse, but they only had one vest so it was pretty much take it or leave it...we left it :)  Tuxedo Junction also worked with us on teh price a little and were cheaper than the others even before they worked with us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I am going with American Commedore Tuxedo. I was thinking about Tuxedo Junction, but at the time I was looking their tuxes were on special price but they you also had to pay for the vests. So their price turned out to be over $100. At ACT the vest is free. The only extra thing they have to pay for is shoes. The tuxes there are under $90 and groom gets his free with 4 paid tuxes. The specials are always changing, I think ACT's special just ended. I would call and find out what their current specials are and if you can wait until their next special starts I would.
  • Options
    KellyS01KellyS01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_tuxes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:59e59d0b-32d8-47cb-abf9-f95e7c560a92Post:86848699-8266-4d8a-b443-cf742feadfc4">Re: Tuxes!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I am going with American Commedore Tuxedo. I was thinking about Tuxedo Junction, but at the time I was looking their tuxes were on special price but they you also had to pay for the vests. So their price turned out to be over $100. At ACT the vest is free. The only extra thing they have to pay for is shoes. The tuxes there are under $90 and groom gets his free with 4 paid tuxes. The specials are always changing, I think ACT's special just ended. I would call and find out what their current specials are and if you can wait until their next special starts I would.
    Posted by alainakw[/QUOTE]

Tuxedo Junction does charge for the vests, but after all was said and done, we got ours for $87 and some change.  The special they had a few weeks back when we booked was 50% off.  We had enough rentals for a free groom's tux and one more free so we took the additional free one and had them split the cost among all the groomsmen so it was cheaper for all.  The mgr. said that was fine but would be a bookkeeping nightmare so he just gave them all shoes for free, which ended up being more money off than splitting the cost among all groomsmen.  Overall, we thought the quality of the tuxes and the service was better at Tuxedo Junction than ACT - at least in my area.  I think it all comes down to which tux you want to go with too...some are very reasonable and others can be upwards of $175. We ended up just planning an evening and hitting up about 4-5 different tux places.  Good luck!! :)
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Men's Wearhouse. Maybe things were different when I got married 6 yrs ago, but DH checked all of the local tux shops and MW had the only ones he liked. IIRC, the one he picked was around $100-120 per guy? I know they had several different designer options. The one we picked was mid-range in price. Great experience with them, too. Our guys were from.. let's see.. Boston, Michigan, San Francisco and Ohio. Good service all around!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going through American Commodore, have had a great experience, so far and would recommend them. My BM's are also ordering through DB in the lapis color.  We found that the colors of vests offered at American Commodore match the DB colors perfectly. We have selected the styles already and the staff have been great to wok with. The deal we locked in provides the groom with a free (designer) tux, $30 off each GM tux and a free ring bearer tux. Another bonus is that their warehouse is in the Cleveland area, so if a GM tries on the tux the day before the wedding and there's an issue, it can easily be replaced (and delivered to you) by the next morning. This was very important to us as all of our GM are from OOT. It's also very convenient that we can enter measurements online and GM can pay individually online, although I believe this is the standard now :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto LJacks.  All but one of our guys was out of town,  and I don't think there was a single problem with our tuxes (and if there was, it was taken care of and I never found out about it!)  We liked that the warehouse was local, and it was a local-ish company, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards