September 2012 Weddings
Options

Flowers- Help Me Choose

Okay so I found flowers that I LOVE.  Now I'm just trying to figure out what ribbon colour I want to go with.  Our wedding colours are blue, chocolate, and ivory.

Here's a picture of my bouquet:

The bridesmaid's bouquets & toss bouquets are going to be just the teal hydrangeas.  I LOVE them.  I just can't decide what colour I want the stems wrapped in: brown or purple.  Blue & purple is my favorite colour combo ever and is kind of the direction I'm heading in, but I thought I'd get second opinions from you guys since my mum is driving therefore and can't answer my texts.

Also, what colour should I use for the middle ribbon on my bouquet?  I don't want to use green, so I'll replace it with either the brown/purple (whatever we decide for BM bouquets), or with ivory.  Thoughts?

The girls will be wearing aquamarine dresses.

Re: Flowers- Help Me Choose

• Options
    Go for the blue and purple! The color combo is so pretty!!
  • Options
    I think the brown looks best; very nice combo. I love purple but not for the colour of the stem/ribbon. That's my opinion tho :P
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think I might like it with ivory.

Those bouquets are SO PRETTY. I didn't even know hydrageas came in teal!  I might do purple hydrageas in some of mine (going to a florist soon). 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options

Can you combine the ivory and brown? That would be so pretty! If you can add something purple (min.) that would really pop.

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I like the brown the best.
  • Options
    I think the blue and purple is great for the girls.  For you I think brown or an ivory is best.  You want your flowers to be pretty and add a little pop but not distract from your dress or you!  Brown or ivory would be more subtle and not draw all the focus.
  • Options
    I think the brown looks lovely!
  • Options
    jacquiroxxjacquiroxx member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Thanks ladies!!  Now I'm more torn.  I was hoping you'd validate the purple for me :p  I'm gonna talk to Fi & see if he has an opinion.  If he does, I'll do what he wants.  If not, I'll keep thinking about it.
  • Options
    They are both pretty, but I prefer the brown. I think because it allows the flowers to be showcased more. With the purple I wasn't sure where to look b/c they are both such vibrant colors.
  • Options
    I can't say I like the purple at all. It looks out of place. The brown is very pretty!
  • Options
    I also like the brown for the BM bo-k stems.  For your bo-k I love the teal or the ivory.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    Thanks ladies!  Fi liked the purple, too, and so did my mum so that's what we're going with.

For my bouquet, we're gonna do teal with the ivory in the middle.  I was thinking about it, and then I was like, "99% of our guests won't notice what colour the ribbon is" and just went with what Fi & I liked.

Thanks again for your input!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards