Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Christmas eve Engagement!!!

Im so excited to start planning my wedding..We have been together for 7 years!! It was so worth the wait!!! Ring is awesome but its to big! How long does Ring sizing take? Should I get the ring guard first cause im sure this time of year im not gonna be the only running to get my ring resized lol thanks...

Elaina
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Christmas eve Engagement!!!

• Options
    I'm finding my ring a bit looser in the winter, but not but a lot. If it's quite large now I would definitely get it resized. I've had other rings sized and it took about a week.

Congrats on your engagement and welcome o the boards!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    thanks for the info, i guess im gonna try a guard for a bit..im gonna get one after work,..Then stop back in later and get it resized. Im hoping for an OCT wedding if my Church is available..So much to do..and very thankful for these boards
  • Options
    Congratulations!!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'd try a jeweler that sizes the ring there. When I got engaged, I took the ring back to where my FI bought it to get it sized. I made a face when I had to give it to the jeweler (not in a snobby way, but in a "ah, my ring" way. It's hard to give it up for any period of time ;)  

When I asked how long it would take the jeweler smiled and told me to come back in a few hours!!

Once you've found reputable jewelers in your area (that's the most important thing), ask how long it'll take :)

Congrats!! xoxo
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I took mine to the place my FI bought it and they do resizing in house so it only took a couple hours.  We went to Jared's.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Congrats on your engagement!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats..... I got engaged on Christmas eve as well.. so excited... :-)... When is your wedding? Hey lets help each other... :-).. My ring is too big as well.. Today we actually went to the jewler to see how long it would take to get my ring sized, they told us 5-7 days. I told them that I would wait. LOL.. I wasn't ready to give it up. They gave me this clear space thingy, ( not sure what it's called.. ) to hold my ring in place. No one will ever know that i have it unless i show it to them. although, it is a bit uncomfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! Keysmit, we should help each other...Mine came from Littman's and i went back got the guard..they told me right now it would take a week...So im gonna stop back mid Jan and get it resized.. Im hopen for an Oct wedding 2012 we meet with the Preist on 1/7....Both our Parents got married in Oct so we are going with what works...And fall is so beauitful!!
  • Options

Hi E,

Yea, that's what it's called, a guard. How do you like it so far? I ended up taking mines off while i was sleep, it was too tight and very uncomfortable. I have to find it when I get off. LOL.. And Awww, how sweet an october wedding... I love it.  I'm sure both parents will love it as well.. My fiance Laughing and myself were both in weddings this past November ( two different states same day. ) but it was so nice. It was a little chilly but I love what my bestie did with her colors. She had olive, ivory, yellow, a hint of orange and gold. it was soooo pretty...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yeyyyyyyyy! Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards