Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Flights to Hawaii

Anyone know the reasonable price for flights from the San Francisco area to Hawaii in August? I'm just wondering if flight prices will go down a bit or if I should book now because the prices look good. It's about $600-900 per person currently. 

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com

Re: Flights to Hawaii

• Options
    I have been watching the flights to Hawaii (from NJ) for close to two months via Kayak.  I have to say, the airfare hasn't changed much at all.  The most I saw the airfare decrease was $11 roundtrip.  I have been debating just booking it, but I have been told that the airfare generally goes down about six months before your travel date.  I am not sure when you are looking to go, but if you are not going for a while, you may want to wait.  And if you aren't already, set up daily alerts through Kayak.com for the airfare.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    I've also been watching flights from NJ to Maui for a couple months and agree with PP that they haven't varied all that much. We'll be going in August and we've decided we're gonna book this week just to get it out of the way and not worry about it anymore. Prices from NJ are averaging around $960 pp round trip. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ridic that the price from CA to HI and NJ to HI are the same! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Hey emmejeeayen and B2Z728,

According to Kayak.com's fare predictor, now is a good time to buy for flights to Hawaii. Kayak predicts that prices will go up within 7 days from both Newark(85% confidence) and SFO(65% confidence).

Have you looked into using credit card rewards points to get free flights though? You could save $1000-$2000 this way.

Cheers,
    Alec
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards