Just Engaged and Proposals

What type of 2013 Wedding are you having? How long do you have until your Big Day?

Has anyone decided on what type of Wedding they are having? Well first I have 9 Months to Go!!! I'm so Excited!!! My Wedding is gonna be a Formal Wedding next Summer, Outside on the Waterfront, Ballroom Reception, My Colors are Purple/ Lavender for my Bridesmaids, The Groomsmen will be wearing Purple & Black Tuxes. Our Guest List will be only 50 of Our Closest Family & Friends. Congrats!!!! To all the 2013 Brides/ Soon to Be the Mrs.

Re: What type of 2013 Wedding are you having? How long do you have until your Big Day?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_what-type-of-2013-wedding-are-you-having-how-long-do-you-have-until-your-big-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:c28cfc05-10f5-4b4c-ab79-582bef30d13aPost:a1b6f342-03d3-4409-858a-06f84f23ad3b">Re: What type of 2013 Wedding are you having? How long do you have until your Big Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having an outdoor wedding and reception. March 16, 2013 (4.5 months!!) We are only inviting 56 people. Our colors are pink, silver, and ivory. We have no bridesmaids or groomsmen, just my niece as a flower girl. Our wedding isn't formal - more like what would be appropriate to wear for your "Sunday Best" (in my mind Sunday Best=slacks and a nice shirt for the men, dress pants or a nice dress for the ladies)
    Posted by xcalygrl[/QUOTE]

Beautiful!! Congrats!!
  • Congratulations! My Wedding is March 15, 2013 with the total guest count (drum roll please....) 12 (and that's including me and my FI). This is the second time around for me and my FI and we chose the non-traditional route. We will be getting married at the Marriott Waterfront Hotel (Baltimore's Inner Harbor - Beautiful!!) @ 6:30 in the evening as the sun is setting with a view of the water... Ahhhh simply breathtaking. I still chose to wear a mermaid gown (even though its a small wedding). We don't have a bridal party. Just our boys (He has one and I have one from previous marriage), immediate family, and clergy. I can't wait! Thanks for starting this post! I can't wait!

~ 136 Days Until I'm Marry My SoulMate, My Other Half ~
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is June 1st, 2013. Outside on Seneca Lake in the Finger Lakes/wine region of NY. Hotel reception. Summery and semi formal. FI and are are pretty laid back so we want our wedding to feel formal, but have an easy going vibe. About 130 will be there. Colors are purple and orange, which sounds strange but it's actually quite pretty together. Just about seven months to go, woo hoo!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hello, I noticed you are having an outside wedding. You have to check out this company relicsvintagerentals.com They have the coolest items to rent to add decor to your venue. They don't have photos up the last time I checked but if you look at their inventory you can get an idea and if you call or avail they will send you photos or you can make an appt to see their items. It is definitely worth your time. My friend is getting married and she is going to be using their black buffet, seating, tables, seating, backdrops, chalkboards that are inscribed so eloquently. They have things for any occasion. Paties, showers, even dinner and tea parties or props for photo shoots. You have to check them out :) Anyhow, congrats!
  • Hello, I noticed you are having an outside wedding. You have to check out this company relicsvintagerentals.com They have the coolest items to rent to add decor to your venue. They don't have photos up the last time I checked but if you look at their inventory you can get an idea and if you call or avail they will send you photos or you can make an appt to see their items. It is definitely worth your time. My friend is getting married and she is going to be using their black buffet, seating, tables, seating, backdrops, chalkboards that are inscribed so eloquently. They have things for any occasion. Paties, showers, even dinner and tea parties or props for photo shoots. You have to check them out :) Anyhow, congrats!
  • Our wedding is January 26th (88 days!)
    We are inviting 185 people. 
    We're having a formal wedding. I'm wearing a ballgown. 
    The ceremony at the Cathedral and the reception at the music hall.
    Our colors are navy blue and silver.
    We have 5 bridesmaids and groomsmen, plus 2 flower girls.
  • <p>In Response to Re: What type of 2013 Wedding are you having? How long do you have until your Big Day?:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations! My Wedding is March 15, 2013 with the total guest count (drum roll please....) 12 (and that's including me and my FI). This is the second time around for me and my FI and we chose the non-traditional route. We will be getting married at the Marriott Waterfront Hotel (Baltimore's Inner Harbor - Beautiful!!) @ 6:30 in the evening as the sun is setting with a view of the water... Ahhhh simply breathtaking. I still chose to wear a mermaid gown (even though its a small wedding). We don't have a bridal party. Just our boys (He has one and I have one from previous marriage), immediate family, and clergy. I can't wait! Thanks for starting this post! I can't wait! ~ 136 Days Until I'm Marry My SoulMate, My Other Half ~
    Posted by deucedst96[/QUOTE]

</p>
  • In Response to <a ii="" know="" you="" are="" i="" love="" your="" feel="" bad="" had="" chose="" purple="" my="" fi="" showed="" me="" a="" blue="" right="" after="" already="" put="" the="" order="" in="" for="" bridesmaids="" dresses>Re: What type of 2013 Wedding are you having? How long do you have until your Big Day?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is January 26th (88 days!) We are inviting 185 people.  We're having a formal wedding. I'm wearing a ballgown.  The ceremony at the Cathedral and the reception at the music hall. Our colors are navy blue and silver. We have 5 bridesmaids and groomsmen, plus 2 flower girls.
    Posted by manjermj[/QUOTE]
  • Congrats! How exciting.. I have a little ways to go yet but it'll be here before I know it..
    October 18,2013

My colors are purple, lavendar and grey.
    Guest will be about 220, Having the ceremony at a Catholic church and a formal reception to follow. Im so excited to marry my best friend!

Good luck with everything on your beautiful day!
  • June 2013 for me, at a beautiful country club outside Sacaramento.  Was originally the 1st at another venue, but when it came down to signing the contract, putting down the deposit there were all these new fees/extra costs, etc and it made it a lot more expensive then what it was worth (we were in love with the ceremony site, but were not a huge fan of the reception ballroom.  at first we didn't mind, but the more we thought about it we figured the majority of your time is at the reception, so we decided to wait and keep looking.... glad we did cause I found a better place with equally pretty ceremony site and ballroom...plus its all inclusive so it was way more affordable and so more much included!   We had to move the date though, so its now June 7th!   Color is deep purple, and I'm still back and forth on what my accent colors are so thats TBD (either lavender and cranberry or light orange and light pink!).  We have 5 bridemaids/groomsman, 2 flower girls and 1 ring bearer and will be expecting around 100 guests. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards