Illinois-Chicago
Options

where did you get your veil?

SO my bridal shop wanted to charge me 450 for the veil I liked! Way too much since that is half the price of my dress for cryin out loud! I am just not willing to spend that much so out of curiousity.. where did everyone get their veils?  Did anyone order online?  I shopped around etsy and found a few I like but am nervous to order offline.  Any suggestions ladies?

Re: where did you get your veil?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i got mine at the complete bridal salon in west dundee, but they moved and the veil lady didnt continue her business with them! 
  • Options
    carrieoneillcarrieoneill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same position and managed to get mine reduced to $250 but that is still more than i am hoping to spend. I was going to try House of Brides downtown as that is where my sister-in-law got hers. I am also nervous about ordering on line as I do love the one in my bridal shop and the quality seems to much better than some others I have seen.
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I might order mine off this website:

http://www.wedding-veil.com/

They have samples of the fabrics so you can see the colors. I ordered one so I could see because I'm nervious about ordering one w/out knowing what the color is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Wedding Etc in Downers Grove. You can try on all of the veils. I was obsessed with this store- I got my veil, hair piece, and bracelet there.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    mscramuzzomscramuzzo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my from etsy. I had it custom made to my specifications, $35 plus shipping! I wanted something really simple and everything was embellished.

I used simplebeautyveils as the seller and I LOVE my veil!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from House of Brides for $80
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Friends of mine have used veilshop.com with success. This is my next project, too. I had no idea the veil would be this tough of a choice for me.
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about I Do! I Do! on Damon? I heard the owner is a little crazy but they have great stuff there.
  • Options
    KATERS882KATERS882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my veil at HOB Schaumburg.  My consultant was Linda C.  She was great.
  • Options
    Zelly72Zelly72 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting a fall leaf veil off of etsy.  The seller also has her own website - www.hippiebride.com. She said the price is going to be around $200, which for all of the embroidery and detail they are going to put into it, seems really worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at the same place I got my dress, Priscilla of Boston. It's a Cathedral length veil with no additional detailing. It was $200. You should be comparing prices of veils that you like though, because veils will differ in prices depending on length and detailing. There were fingertip veils at POB that cost the same because even though they were shorter, they had detail added. When I was looking for veils I shopped around for Cathedral veils without any detailing and found the prices to all range from $180-$250. Knowing that helped me make the decision to buy at my salon b/c I knew what I was getting and they would press it and store for me until my wedding day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sandra's Designs in Lombard. It's a cute little shop in a coach house behind the owners home. I worked with Paul, one of the owners and he was super nice and helpful. He's restoring my Mom's veil for me by adding crystals on the chapel length veil, and is charging me $150. He has tons of different veils on site, and he can create anything for you. Here's the link:www.sandrasdesigns.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think paying more than $100 for a veil is ludicrous.  And I spent a TON on my dress.  A veil it pretty much a piece of tulle attached to a barrette.  Such a rip-off IMO!!

I'm going to buy mine online...if i have to exchange it for shade, no big deal, but I will not spend more that $50 on it.
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    Kelbo18Kelbo18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Complete Bridal Salon in West Dundee is amazing at pricing! David is extremely helpful & their seamstress does a wonderful job too! She added beading to my friend's veil for super cheap. & it looked great! I am now shopping with them for my gown & veil as well!
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_did-veil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:5b185fac-2a5b-4564-80a0-7fbc90442c24Post:7ecc3fcb-4ce1-4940-bcf3-c3889b94e7f3">Re: where did you get your veil?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think paying more than $100 for a veil is ludicrous.  And I spent a TON on my dress.  A veil it pretty much a piece of tulle attached to a barrette.  Such a rip-off IMO!! I'm going to buy mine online...if i have to exchange it for shade, no big deal, <strong>but I will not spend more that $50 on it.</strong>
    Posted by PenelopeSnuz[/QUOTE]
    agreed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered a custom veil and fascinator from tessakim on easy for $105. She basically recreated a $350 style that I had found and fallen in love with. I'm really happy with it, the only thing I may have done differently would be to order in white instead of ivory bc I think it would have matched my dress better, but I think it will still be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards