Registry and Gift Forum

how many mixers to register for???

we just finished our first gift registry today at Target. I want to register at places like Kohls and maybe Walmart but I dont know if I should ask for things I have already asked for at a different place ie...mixers, dishware and glasses etc.  Would it be ok to have a few different registered place with similar items??? 

Re: how many mixers to register for???

• Don't register at Kohls, I've heard nothing but the worst things about their so called registry system. Also, as a guest, I would side-eye different registries with the same items throughout. This makes it look like you want the big ticket items (mixers, panini presses, cappuchino machines) so you can return them for cash. Registering for different types of glasses, dishes and small items is perfectly fine. 
  • I would not recommend registering for the same item at multiple stores.
    DSC_9275
  • Do you WANT three mixers?  I sure don't.  :confused::
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_how-many-mixers-to-register-for?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:b4263a30-cc51-4973-8634-c7b6bc088920Post:fc489f5e-94fe-4538-9a09-260b219052c8">Re: how many mixers to register for???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't register at Kohls, I've heard nothing but the worst things about their so called registry system. Also, as a guest, I would side-eye different registries with the same items throughout. This makes it look like you want the big ticket items (mixers, panini presses, cappuchino machines) so you can return them for cash. Registering for different types of glasses, dishes and small items is perfectly fine. 
    Posted by JordanF13[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know why you would think OP would be returning for cash - hardly any stores do that anymore.  </div><div>
    </div><div>OP, I think it's fine to do this with just a handfull of big ticket items, as long as you monitor it.  I see this a lot with the KA mixer - the bride and groom lists it on every registry so that people who only shop off of one see it.  As long as you're limited it to just two or three repeats it personally doesn't bother me.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have certainly seen registries with the same big ticket item on two registries.  For example, Macys and BBB.  If I have a 20% off coupon I would much rather get the item at BBB, in the same respect, my mother has Macys rewards points (or whatever they are called) so she would choose to get the same item there.  It would seem strange if every item was on both.

I was invited to a wedding once where the bride registered at a few places, but on her BBB registry had 3 toasters and a toaster oven.  I have no clue why she would need that many toasters ever!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_how-many-mixers-to-register-for?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:b4263a30-cc51-4973-8634-c7b6bc088920Post:82fb29c8-9fd6-4a14-8603-209810846405">Re: how many mixers to register for???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you WANT three mixers?  I sure don't.  ::confused::
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

<div>heavens no! lol I was just using a mixer as an example. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_how-many-mixers-to-register-for?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:b4263a30-cc51-4973-8634-c7b6bc088920Post:10664cc7-b952-4844-a323-a1bf9c04899b">Re:how many mixers to register for???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:how many mixers to register for???: But then it's not marked as completed, and she could end up with multiples.
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

that's what I was thinking too.  Although, if that's the case you could always return one for other items you didn't get off the registry.
  • Definitely DONT repeat items on your registry unless you want ALL OF THEM.  When i see a couple is registered at 2-3 places, i'll first browse all the registries, and then pick my item.

What you CAN do, is search your stores for the cheaper item and make sure its on THAT registry. (example Mixer is $50 at store A but $75 at store B...it goes on store A's registry)

...for what its worth, we used the amazon registry, which lets you add items from amazon, PLUS any item from ANY store.  we had macy's items on there, bed bath beyond, etc.   our guests only had to visit 1 registry to see everything. when they clicked to buy a non-amazon item, it just redirected them to the correct store, and then took it off the amazon registry list.
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_how-many-mixers-to-register-for?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:b4263a30-cc51-4973-8634-c7b6bc088920Post:06c8767c-1d9c-4196-97d4-891d3b03c07d">Re: how many mixers to register for???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: how many mixers to register for??? : heavens no! lol I was just using a mixer as an example. 
    Posted by ajuled87[/QUOTE]

But that's the problem.  By registering for it at multiple stores, people are going to buy them.  No one is going to cross-reference registries.

I totally understand your thought process, but you're over thinking it and making it too complicated.  If you register for three mixers because you want the person to get the best price, you're just going to end up with three mixers.  (Or hats.  Or napkins.  Or.... ceramic roosters.)
  • I would just register for one of the item.  When I buy something for a shower, I check all the registries to determine what I want to get.  If I saw the same item appear on multiple registries, I definitely would NOT buy that item.....because I wouldn't want the possibility of another guest buying the same item from the other store and the awkward gift opening of the same item.
  • I think it's really up to you as far as how many returns you want to possibly deal with. I would not side eye a few select items on mutliple registries. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_how-many-mixers-to-register-for?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:b4263a30-cc51-4973-8634-c7b6bc088920Post:a6de6132-c592-4f43-841c-0fd6c51ef984">Re: how many mixers to register for???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: how many mixers to register for??? : But that's the problem.  By registering for it at multiple stores, people are going to buy them.  No one is going to cross-reference registries. I totally understand your thought process, but you're over thinking it and making it too complicated.  If you register for three mixers because you want the person to get the best price, you're just going to end up with three mixers.  (Or hats.  Or napkins.  Or.... ceramic roosters.)
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

This, I accidently registered for a coffee maker at both locations we registered at and we thought we had removed the one at Macy's online after, but it didn't process.  It was awkward at the shower when we got both of them......

• The only thing I doubled up on for both of my registries were things like towels and sheets that had different price points at each store.  Like I registered for the expensive Hotel Collection towels at Macys, but more basic towels at BBB.  And I think both registries had cutting boards and other small kitchen things, but ones that I used frequently enough that I need multiples.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards