Snarky Brides

Ok, two days in a row..is everyone on vacation?

Re: Ok, two days in a row..is everyone on vacation?

• celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I'm here! I guess everyone stayed up too late watching the Olympics and are now sleeping in. 

We're taking care of our next door neighbor's dog this weekend. Last night we hung out at her house and took advantage of her central A/C and episodes of Mad Men on demand. I've now caught up on half of this season. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

This morning we took both dogs to the new dog park near our neighborhood. It's in a crappy area and the park itself is pretty crappy, just some temporary fencing and no benches or anything. They'd both run around for a minute and then just stand there and stare at us for a long time. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-two-days-in-a-rowis-everyone-on-vacation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:59f9dc71-f025-42f3-b2c3-f274b7ea0b28Post:cf5e61d1-9e17-4093-b54a-c45460f19eb4">Re: Ok, two days in a row..is everyone on vacation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here! I guess everyone stayed up too late watching the Olympics and are now sleeping in.  We're taking care of our next door neighbor's dog this weekend. Last night we hung out at her house and took advantage of her central A/C and episodes of Mad Men on demand. I've now caught up on half of this season. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. This morning we took both dogs to the new dog park near our neighborhood. It's in a crappy area and the park itself is pretty crappy, just some temporary fencing and no benches or anything. They'd both run around for a minute and then just stand there and stare at us for a long time. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

Aw, You should come here, we have a great place to walk the dogs. I dont like "dog parks", but this is a great family place. It's called Sunny Lake.

We are not into watching the Olympics, I dont think I've ever been really. We tried watching the opening ceremonies and got bored quickly, and ended up watching the ID channel. ;)
  • I wish I was on vacation still.

We watched a little Olympics after coming home from an engagement party.  I fell asleep to the TV and every time I would wake up, there was some coverage on.  I remember the women's power lifting or maybe it was a dream.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning!

I have to work in less than an hour, but I REALLY don't want to. We're having a 50% off sale, so it's going to be a madhouse. I don't know why I made myself work today, I make the schedules!

I have been watching the Olympics, and I have to say, I think it's funny that Michael Phelps didn't even medal last night. He didn't even look at the camera when they interviewed him, and he was acting like a douche.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, we're not really into the Olympics either. FH will watch the cycling and I enjoy the diving but I would generally rather watch something else. 

Ugh, my MoH just called me and she thought the wedding was a week later than it is. She already planned some travels with her in-laws (ending here) so now she won't get in until late the night before the wedding. I'm really disappointed. I knew all along I wouldn't have a shower or a b'party and I am fine with that. I just wanted to have a nice dinner out with her and my mother 2 nights before the wedding. Now even if she pushes her plans up a day that can't happen. 
  • Good morning! H's friend should be leaving in about an hour then we have to do some grocery shopping. We're going to my parents house tonight for dinner so we've got to cram all of our usual Sunday stuff into just a couple hours. It'll be fun though. I'm watching swimming right now. God I love watching Lochte. He's so hot and I gotta support my fellow Gator!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-two-days-in-a-rowis-everyone-on-vacation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:59f9dc71-f025-42f3-b2c3-f274b7ea0b28Post:2e20cac4-aea4-48b6-932f-706f379efc4b">Re: Ok, two days in a row..is everyone on vacation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, we're not really into the Olympics either. FH will watch the cycling and I enjoy the diving but I would generally rather watch something else.  Ugh, my MoH just called me and she thought the wedding was a week later than it is. She already planned some travels with her in-laws (ending here) so now she won't get in until late the night before the wedding. I'm really disappointed. I knew all along I wouldn't have a shower or a b'party and I am fine with that. I just wanted to have a nice dinner out with her and my mother 2 nights before the wedding. Now even if she pushes her plans up a day that can't happen. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

Sorry Celt- I can see why you'd be disappointed.
  • Morning. I was up until 345 drinking and playing Mexican train dominos with some friends. We had a great time. They just crashed in our spare room So I'm going to get up and make everyone breakfast soon. H had a game last night and they killed the team. 65 to 0! Celtic, that does sound disappointing. I'm sorry you're bummed!
  • Hello ladies! I just dropped H off for his week-long training.

I've been watching a lot of the Olympics; I love it. I know some people don't like Michael Phelps, but I do, and I was sad to see him get defeated last night. I think he's just tired of the hype and is ready to let someone else shine (hello, Ryan Lochte-hottie). I love how the Olympics pretty much take over our television whenever they're on lol.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I'm off to return something to Target. I bought a book called Five silly Monkeys for the grandaughter (for our visit next week) and when I got home the finger puppet that was supposed to come with it wasnt inside. So I called the store and she found one more on the rack...but no puppet in that one either! So I had to call another store, they are saving it for me.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-two-days-in-a-rowis-everyone-on-vacation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:59f9dc71-f025-42f3-b2c3-f274b7ea0b28Post:5a509c9b-94d2-49d8-bee3-d6074b2cdc43">Re:Ok, two days in a row..is everyone on vacation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning. I was up until 345 drinking and playing Mexican train dominos with some friends. We had a great time. They just crashed in our spare room So I'm going to get up and make everyone breakfast soon. H had a game last night and they killed the team. 65 to 0! Celtic, that does sound disappointing. I'm sorry you're bummed!
    Posted by Brandi0714[/QUOTE]

What pray tell is Mexican dominos?
  • Good morning.

I'm having a really hard time waking up this morning, but I pretty much plan on spending all day watching the Olympics, so it's ok.

All the Michael Phelps hate I've been seeing lately makes me sad.
  • In Response to Re:Ok, two days in a row..is everyone on vacation?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Ok, two days in a row..is everyone on vacation?:Morning. I was up until 345 drinking and playing Mexican train dominos with some friends. We had a great time. They just crashed in our spare room So I'm going to get up and make everyone breakfast soon. H had a game last night and they killed the team. 65 to 0! Celtic, that does sound disappointing. I'm sorry you're bummed!Posted by Brandi0714What pray tell is Mexican dominos? Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

It's like regular dominos, except everyone has a locomotive at the train station. If you can't play on your tracks, then your train goes to the station and anyone can play on yours. When you can, your train comes off the station and only you can play on your tracks. It's fun.
  • Morning :) I'm finally feeling better and catching up on the Olympic opening ceremonies. I've got 4 more weeks before going back to work and a buttload of projects to do.
  • Good morning.

Once again Sunday has come and I don't feel like I got anything done with my weekend. I had all day Friday and Saturday to be productive, so what happened? :P
  • Morning!

I'm hanging out and meal planning while N sleeps.  Yesterday we went to Great Adventure, but it was raining on and off so we only got on one ride, twice. That's what I love about season passes--if it's bad weather, we'll still chance going since there are no lines at all when the weather clears. Then we came home and watched movies. It was a long day.

In good news, my mom's test results ended up fine! It was just some leftover, residual fluid from her medications and not anything harmful.

KW, I love the Bug sig pic!
  • ZN - great news about your mom!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-two-days-in-a-rowis-everyone-on-vacation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:59f9dc71-f025-42f3-b2c3-f274b7ea0b28Post:1a7d0136-6732-4b92-afc7-c04dbe60dcd0">Re: Ok, two days in a row..is everyone on vacation?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I'm hanging out and meal planning while N sleeps.  Yesterday we went to Great Adventure, but it was raining on and off so we only got on one ride, twice. That's what I love about season passes--if it's bad weather, we'll still chance going since there are no lines at all when the weather clears. Then we came home and watched movies. It was a long day. In good news, my mom's test results ended up fine! It was just some leftover, residual fluid from her medications and not anything harmful. KW, I love the Bug sig pic!
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]
    Thanks :) She refused to smile the whole time but we got some adorable shots. I can't believe she's been 1 for a week now.
  • Thanks, Marrin! I swear, that woman is going to kill me with how much I worry about her :P

Meal planning while hungry is not a good idea. I want all the food now. Damn.
  • HIiiiiiiii.

I've been working this weekend so I haven't been around.

NBC is really pissing me off with airing the good stuff at primetime. F'n idiots.
    Lochte is a hot piece of ass.

H and I are gonna change his oil today. Part 2 of my birthday present came in yesterday: Monster's Inc.! Love it. Part 1 was an awesome new Detroit Lions Calvin Johnson shirt. I'm so excited for football season. Not that I don't love watching water polo and equestrian like I'm doing right now..
    June 16, 2012
  • /hugs Dot. I wish we could go have a sorrows drowning pity party together. The more I think about the MoH issue, the more upset I am. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards