Washington

Bridal Salons

Hello everyone,

I live in Anchorage, AK and unfortunately there are slim pickings for bridal stores in my area. I am currantly researching different bridal salons in the Tacoma and Puyallop area. I came up with several places that I would like to make appointments with: Something Blue (Puyallop), Lady Margaret's (Puyallop), and The Wedding Bell (Tacoma). I have found both bad and good reviews for Lady Margaret's and The Wedding Bell but nothing negative about Something Blue. I'm looking at spending around $1000.00 for my dress, so my question is do these three salons have alot of dresses around that price range and do they have good customer service? Any suggestions or comments? 

Thanks!

Nathalia

Re: Bridal Salons

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been to Something Blue or Lady Margarets. I have been to the Wedding Bell and had strange experiences both times. The first, I was allowed to choose just three dresses to try on, she pulled a few more and then it was like, "Okay. Pick one. The end." The next time I just stopped in to browse the sale rack (they had one when I had gone in before) they snapped at me that they didn't have a sale rack! But, then I know some other girls who have had good experiences there.

I do know that All that Shimmers in Lakewood has a miserable seeming website but I've heard some very good reviews about service and selection there. Also Belltown Bridal gets great reviews. It's on my to visit list.

I have been to Pearls and Lace in Burien and had a great time. They let me pull my own dresses - as many as I wanted, put them on myself but they were always available to help with zippers and such, and not only allowed me to take pictures but took pictures for me. Their prices also seemed to be on the lower end. In a same dress comparison with The Wedding Bell, Pearls and Lace won. This one is also not too far from the airport. If you are looking for something to eat in the area, I've always thought 909 Coffee and Wine was good and good service.

If you go to the Wedding Bell, there are a few good places to eat right by there - E9 is a neighborhood classic, Masa has a very good happy hour, Asado has the best polenta I've ever tried but only the bar food is close to affordable, and next door to the store is the Red Hot which does really good hot dogs and has a good beer selection.

You might also friend Blue Sky Bridal on facebook. They are a consignment shop so they send out pictures of the dresses as they come in. You might watch them for a while. Their prices are not great. One dress I had tried on new in Vancouver, WA was priced less at that store than it was used at Blue Sky.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nathalia11Nathalia11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristend72

Thank you for your input, it was really helpful! I think that I may add Pearls
    and Lace to my list. :)
  • stephparksstephparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Lady Margret's in Puyallup. Customer service was great, i went there on a whim without an appointment & they got me in. I tried on a few dresses that were around $1000, they seemed to have a good variety in that price range. 

The only complaint i have is that they forgot to call me when alterations were done. I called to ask about it and somehow the information hadn't been changed on the computer. 
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

I'm still dress shopping so let me know how it goes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nathalia11Nathalia11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So the trip was a success. I loved Pearls and Lace but ended up getting my dress from Lady Margaret's. I was nervious about going there because I heard a few bad things but they were awesome! My appointment went over by 40 minutes and they didn't pressure me to buy or tell me that my appointment was over and kick me out. They have a lot of beautiful dresses and did not pull any dresses that were over my budget. I never made it to The Wedding Bell but I did get my shoes from Something Blue. They are soo comfortable, you should go try them on if you can! They are made my Angela Nuran who is a dancer and chorographer.

Good luck shopping and thanks for the suggestions!

Nathalia
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards