Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Need wedding theme ideas

I just got engaged on Christmas and our wedding is March 2014. We have colors of Cranberry, apricot, and cream but I don't have an idea for a theme. I just know I want something elegant and traditional. Any ideas?

Re: Need wedding theme ideas

• Options

You don't need to have a "theme".

You know your colors and your style/preferences. That's all you need!

• Options
    Ditto MS. Just choose colors and decorations you like. We used a lot of river rocks in our decor, so that was kind of a theme, I guess. If you try too hard to do a theme, it can come off obnoxiously matchy matchy or look like a birthday party or Prom.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    You just got engaged 2 days ago- you need to chill- your wedding is in over a year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No need for a theme.  It's not a birthday party.
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else.  pick out things in the colors you like, and have a general style. the theme will come natrually.  we did black/ivory/burgundy and incorporated roses, candles, wine glasses, etc....venue was an italian restaurant.

it eventually kind of morphed into an 'italian food and wine' theme....but that's simply because of the decor and food we chose, not because we specifically set out for that theme.
  • Options
    Thanks guys you have a good point. I guess I'm just to excited still
  • Options
    I'm doing an island theme
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards