Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

STD question

My fiance and I are thinking about doing STDs and I am just wondering about formal names vs. nicknames. My fiance's name is Michael but he goes by Mike so is it acceptable to use Mike on the STD?

We will be putting Michael on the actual invitation but since I think STDs are usually less formal than invitations I would like to use the name he typically uses.

Thanks for your help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: STD question

• Options
    We used Jimmy instead of James on our STDs b/c they were casual and used James on the invitations.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I don't remember if my brother and SIL (my brother is also Michael formally, Mike informally) had STDs, but I think they would have used Mike on the STDs if they did.  I know they did use Michael on the invitations.
  • Options
    I just received an STD from my friend who is marrying a Michael and they used Mike on their STD. I didn't think anything of it! I think its fine to use Mike on your STD too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Yeah my real name sucks... nickname will be on the invites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We used our "nicknames" for the STD... We put Kathy & Mike, but will be using our full names for the invitations.  
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards