Canada-Ontario
Options

aisle runner

where do you think you can buy a nice long piece of fabric for an aisle runner? what kind of fabric did you use/ are you using?

thanks a lot!

Re: aisle runner

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wish I could help, but not using one.  That's just one more thing for me to trip over!
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought you rented aisle runners?
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure decor places rent them out - I saw some at my decorator.
  • Options
    EmeraldPeaEmeraldPea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure you can rent them too. But if you want to purchase one: I was at the Ajax Walmart, and in the clearance section at the front of the store, it has an aisle runner that is a roll of 100 feet of white fabric with white pattern on it for $35. Maybe check a local Walmart.  Also, you can go to Fabricland for just the fabric, but then you have to make the runner, and depending on the fabric that you choose, it can run you a pretty penny. Fabric can be expensive, if you go this DIY direction, check the clearance sections and talk to an employee.
  • Options
    Ninica_84Ninica_84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely don't rent it because they will overcharge you. I bought mine online for about $20  but I also saw them at wal-mart, either way cheaper then renting from the decorator.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    rktorkto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where did you get it online? is it fabric?
    I was thinking of getting a couple long rugs from the dollar store so it wont wrinkle when we walk on it and it will look kind of interesting
  • Options
    Ninica_84Ninica_84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do the rugs from the dollar store too. I got it at efavormart.com, and on the day of I'm just going to get my dad to put double sided tape on the ends so it stays in place and I don't trip or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ancavazancavaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most florist will also set up an aisle runner for you, which is nice because you don't have to worry about it, but I'm not sure how much it costs.

If you're buying, think of the fabric you're using and the surface you're putting it on. If it's on carpet than you don't have to worry about it sliping, but if it's on tille or hardwood make sure you have lots of double sided tape.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at party packagers for $20.  They also sell them at Michaels
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at Michael's today and they were there - and they are on sale (there's a 30% coupon on the website for wedding stuff) until tonight!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards