Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair Trial

Hello ladies! I was wondering how far in advance I need to start contacting salons for hair trials? My wedding is 7 months away and the location is  2 hours away from where I currently live.

-Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair Trial

• Options
    I would go ahead and figure out which salon you want to work with now. Get info about pricing and see if you can get recommendations from friends, family, co-workers who may know more info about the area.

I don't think you really need to actually do the trial itself until maybe 2 mos before your wedding. That gives you time to figure out what you want so you can go in with some specific ideas of what you want, but also some time in case it doesn't turn out well - which, hopefully it will!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options

I had scheduled mine 5-6 months.  Usually some salons do a package brial deal where you can get your hair trial for free with so many bridemaids you have in your wedding.  If you have a Philip Pelusi near you at all, I would check with them.  That's who I'm going with and it was a great deal! Good luck on your search!!

Melissa

19 days to go!!

• Options
    I say do it now!  You don't want to book someone and put down a deposit without knowing if you like them, right?  And if you wait too long, the hair stylist might already be booked by someone else.
  • Options
    I agree with PP's on it's up to you.  If you know your stylist and are comfortable with and know  the quality of their work you should be ok to just do one trial 4-6 weeks before your big day.  However, if you don't know exactly how you want your hair or your unsure of the stylist you should definitely try 3-6 months in advance to know for sure, you might need to do a few trials depending on the outcomes.  Hope this helps!!  Plus the more you know about what you want before you go the better off you will be!  
    Happily in love since 12-01-10 Happily married since 12-01-12
  • Options
    I am a future bride and also a stylist, we have ppl come in at all times, mostly from a week before to a month. Me personally I will probably do more than one trial and prob start about 2 months before. Def ask for bridal packages, we have one if you book more than 9 ppl you get your hair free! Hope this helps!
  • Options
    iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_hair-411-pantene_hair-trial-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:f05386ae-e822-4076-916f-0d897a736679Discussion:a0903bed-1142-4594-bedc-36f36f9678f7Post:f14c7ede-e2f4-436b-a2ad-cda779f0525f">Re: Hair Trial</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would go ahead and figure out which salon you want to work with now. Get info about pricing and see if you can get recommendations from friends, family, co-workers who may know more info about the area. I don't think you really need to actually do the trial itself until maybe 2 mos before your wedding. That gives you time to figure out what you want so you can go in with some specific ideas of what you want, but also some time in case it doesn't turn out well - which, hopefully it will!
    Posted by mabapunta[/QUOTE]

I think you should do it asap because you need to find a decent salon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards