Wisconsin

Rachel Buckey vs. Reminisce Photography & Design

Trying to decide between these two photographers.  Can anyone give me specific feedback on either of them?  Thanks!

Re: Rachel Buckey vs. Reminisce Photography & Design

• boxcarboxcar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I adore Rachel Buckley!  I am totally smitten with her!

I just love her style. It was very important to us to find a photographer who could blend a photojournalistic style with a sense of tradition and Rachel does a great job of it. I know that I'll get the artistic and trendy shots I want AND ALSO the traditional and classic shots that I'll want to look back on for years to come.

When we met with her, we laughed non-stop and I felt 100% comfortable with her. She is so fun and easy going. Your photographer spends more time with you on your wedding day than any other vendor, so make sure you pick someone you get along with very well.

We are also extremely pleased with her affordable rates and her billing structure. 

I can't speak for the other photographer, but I'm totally pleased with our choice.

• edited December 2011
    Not familiar with Reminisce, but Rachel is amazing.  We did our engagement photos recently and had a great time and based on her work I have no doubt the results will be great!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad to hear that.  I loved Rachel's personality too.  Curious - how many photographers did you guys meet with before you picked one?  We only met with two in person.  Is that not enough?  We kind of weeded most of them out based on different things we saw on the website.  I'm just nervous to make this huge decision, but the clock is ticking!!
  • boxcarboxcar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met with 4 and considered each of them on photgraphs, personality, and price. We booked Rachel because she was excellent in all three categories.  As far as the others, we ruled one out based on his boring photographs, another one based on her snarky personality, and another one based on her outrageous price. 

I think 2 is plenty to meet with as long as you did your research ahead of time, which it really sounds like you did.   Let us know what you decide!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Does Rachel have a website?  I met with Reminisce but they are a little pricy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Rachel's website is www.rbuckeyphotography.com

I'm just waiting to hear back from her with a couple of references, which will hopefully give me the last pieces of information I need and then we can finally make the decision!!
  • edited December 2011
    Question to those of you who had Rachel take your engagement pics - did she give you direction on how/where to pose?
  • edited December 2011
    So I met wtih both Reminisce and Rachel.  Hands down I am going with Rachel.  She is so nice, up beat, and resonably priced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards