July 2012 Weddings

Thank you Cards

Hi married ladies!!!!

So exciting!

So, I have all my thank you cards done and in the mail and I've even written a bit in those that DH is doing for the people who were in the wedding.  But he hasn't even started his part yet!  He has to write about 30.

Anyone else experiencing reluctant grooms in writing thank yous or are you just writing them all?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Thank you Cards

• I havent started that yet...just was looking online to make and order them!  You are way ahead of me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha since I'm not working I have nothing but time right now and we're just using generic thank yous that I bought at Target.  We thought about putting a picture in them but figured that most people wouldn't care to have one of us and I didn't want to be matching the pictures of the people (our photog got pics of EVERYONE)  to their cards.
  • I am doing them all since my hubsband is in med school and busy all of the time. I haven't started yet but will get going on them next week, hopefully.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not expecting H to write any. I know he wont do it and it will make me angry and I'll end up doing it anyway. So I figured I'll just do all of them. I plan on starting today after I get back from DMV.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I asked DH to write out his thank you cards but I doubt it will actually happen.  I have a feeling I will be doing it all myself in the evenings by the pool, but that's okay. 

Honeybear - How'd you get your ticker to say how long you have been married?

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c8596046-da5b-4c0a-b13a-6a0f908a28d1Post:6d070d03-abc3-473a-94f2-c36c49a6535c">Re: Thank you Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]I asked DH to write out his thank you cards but I doubt it will actually happen.  I have a feeling I will be doing it all myself in the evenings by the pool, but that's okay.  Honeybear - <strong>How'd you get your ticker to say how long you have been married?</strong>
    Posted by michelle11988[/QUOTE]

I see you figured it out! =)

DH started writing some last night so all hope isn't lost he just will not get them done in a timely manner so I guess I'm just going to have to deal or do it myself.
  • I never even thought to ask DH to help with them lol But I definitely should! I am still waiting on pro pics...should have them by the end of the week. Then I need to order our Thank Yous. I'm trying not to stress that we will probably be over the 1 month mark by the time people get them.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c8596046-da5b-4c0a-b13a-6a0f908a28d1Post:4f7f01da-4ce8-4165-a7c1-021412cb2e95">Re: Thank you Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]I havent started that yet...just was looking online to make and order them!  You are way ahead of me :)
    Posted by rachael7183[/QUOTE]

Same here!

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wrote all of ours out and signed them "Mr and Mrs." Mailed out today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_thank-you-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c8596046-da5b-4c0a-b13a-6a0f908a28d1Post:9a84a8ae-d719-48ab-85fa-ea5aeec3a165">Re: Thank you Cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not expecting H to write any. I know he wont do it and it will make me angry and I'll end up doing it anyway. So I figured I'll just do all of them. I plan on starting today after I get back from DMV.
    Posted by dramaqueen91087[/QUOTE]

The same thing will probably happen with me. H always takes way longer than I want to wait before he starts on something. I am hoping to get started this week.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • I just got back from the honeymoon and haven't even thought about this yet.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I didn't think to have H write any either! Most of ours are in today's mail but I'm also doing generic ones from Target. Our photographer took some family pics & I want to include those in each family's card as well. I'm hoping to get the prints this week so I can finish the rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards