Wedding Invitations & Paper

Directions Insert?

With GPS at everyones fingertips, is it really necessary adding a directions insert to invitations? I already am adding an insert explaining the Parking situation at my venue and hotel reservations, and I really don't have much room for anything more. SO who is adding directions to their invitations?

Re: Directions Insert?

• You do not need to include directions. I'm sure your guests are capable of looking it up themselves - save some trees!
  • I think it depends on your guests.  Elderly guests probably would appreciate the directions insert.  My parents don't trust GPS (they're nuts, I know) so for my shower/engagement party, they included driving directions.  However, if it's in your hometown where most guests are from, they probably know where they're going.

I have directions on the website.  We're also doing a shuttle from the hotels that we did rooms blocks in to the venue.  Since most of our guests are from OOT, we didn't do directions as an insert card since we're assuming most will be staying over and using the shuttle service.
  • We skipped them, but almost everyone on FI's side is local or was at one time, and a whole slew of his friends went to the school attached to the church we're being married in, so they definitely know where it is even if they've moved away. Our grandparents don't drive so we just figured everyone else would look it up or use GPS. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I put directions and a map in my invitation package.  It sort of worked out as part of the info card that had the hotel information and wedding website.  We put the map on the back of the directions/accomodations card.  All of FI's family is from OOT.
  • All of our guests, even the out of towners, managed to find the venue with just the address listed on the invitation. I don't know if they asked someone, googled it, went on the church's website or used GPS but no one got lost.
  • All of our guests, even the out of towners, managed to find the venue with just the address listed on the invitation. I don't know if they asked someone, googled it, went on the church's website or used GPS but no one got lost.
  • We skipped the directions insert but we put directions on our website for anyone who needed them. We also had a shuttle that brought 50% of the OOT hotel guests to and from the wedding/reception. Mostly anyone who was not staying at the hotel was local and knew how to get to our venue. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    Not everyone has a GPS.  I think that if there are a large percentage of people attending who aren't familiar with the area and aren't using mass transportation or host-provided transportation like shuttles, including directions would be an appreciated courtesy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards