North Carolina-Outer Banks

OBX Brides that live in Maryland and DC help with Bridesmaid dresses

Need recommendations for stores in the Baltimore/Howard County/ Anne Arundel County area to shop for bridesmaid dresses. Looking for dresses for a June wedding (the wedding is in Duck), short dresses no gowns, giving the bridesmaids their choice of style of dress but all will be in the same color (yellow). Want to hear pros and cons about stores.

I also posted this on the Maryland and Maryland/ Baltimore boards. But wanted to get opinions from the OBX brides since the wedding will be in the Outer Banks.

My daughter has her wedding dress. Now time to shop for bridesmaid dresses!
Thank you!

PS...My daughter is one of those brides missing the "bride gene".. She knows what she likes and wants for the wedding but not into the planning and research. So just call me the mother of the bride/free wedding coordinator. Smile  But she has had a lot on her plate the past 11 months....student teaching, college graduation, applying for a job, got a job, and now being a first year teacher.  I am honored she trusts my judgement and likes my suggestions (well...most of my suggestions)!

Re: OBX Brides that live in Maryland and DC help with Bridesmaid dresses

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Seashells,
    I bought my Bridesmaid's dresses from a shop called K&B Bridal in Bel Air, MD (http://www.kandbbridalsandeventplanning.com/)
    I posted a pic of us as a group, so you can see the dresses we chose. They were great to work with and had a really nice dress selection. I got my wedding gown from a different shop, called Elegant Touch Bridal in Nottingham, MD (http://www.etbridalandtuxedo.com/)

Hope this helps some with your daughter's search! Good luck!!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Seashells!

Are all the Bridesmaids in the MD/DC area?  We went with David's Bridal, only because I have a bridesmaid in Pittsburgh, one in Alabama...etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • asoho0704asoho0704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check on J Crew.  My bridesmaid dresses are from there:
    http://www.jcrew.com/wedding/Wedding_Bridesmaid/bridesmaidpartydresses/silkchiffon/PRDOVR~22512/22512.jsp

That's my dress, my color for the girls is dusty shale.  They all LOVE this dress, and the reason I picked it is because I wanted something they'd be able to wear again after the wedding.  I also wanted something that didn't look super bridesmaid-y (the style, the material).  I like the way that the material matches the top of my dress' material (my dress: http://boards.weddingbee.com/?bb_attachments=679727&bbat=88296&inline).

If price isn't a huge issue, picking a dress from Anthropologie can also be beautiful, but I'm also partial to that vintage type of look that their dresses offer. ;)  Also, it can be tough to shop there at this time of year for a summery dress so that might not work.

Anyways, J Crew has a great selection of beautiful, simple bridesmaid dresses.  Also, she might think of picking a color and having all of her girls choose their own dresses - I love that look too!
  • seashells12seashells12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! We ended up checking out David's Bridal in Glen Burnie and Columbia Bridal Boutique in Columbia. The picture that I posted is my daughter's wedding dress and she purchased it at Columbia Bridal Boutique. Since it has a chiffon layer she wanted the bridesmaid dresses to also be chiffon. Columbia Bridal Boutique had more choices of chiffon dresses. They also offered 15% off the bridesmaid dresses since she bought her gown there. She is going with one designer and one color and letting the girls choose the style of the chiffon dress that works for their body type. The designer Bill Levkoff offered the most choices in chiffon. Well..his dresses at least had a choice that looked good on my other daughter who has special needs (she is the maid of honor)! My daughter did check out JCrew for her gown. There is a store in Georgetown. J Crew was actually on top of her list until she tried on the gown pictured above. It is by Alfred Sung. Thanks again for your suggestions! Love how everyone is so helpful! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    LET ME KNOW IF YOU ANY FLORAL HELP. FEEL FREE TO VIEW MY FACEBOOK PAGE, HTFLORAL@YAHOO.COM
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Please do not post on these boards.  Vendors are not allowed to post on community forums, it's against TheKnot's Terms of Service.

Thanks you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards