Registry and Gift Forum

Appointment for registering?

My fiancé and I are just about ready to register and I have been reading things online about it.  I read on one website that you should call to make an appt to register.  Is this correct? Or can we just show up?  We are thinking about Macy's and Kohls.  Do those stores require an appt? Any help would be appreciated! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Appointment for registering?

• I registered at Macys and BBB and didn't get an appointment at either and it was no problem, and I don't imagine it would be a problem at Kohl's either.  As you get closer to Christmas, stores will get busier so registering will become more of a hassle.  If you want to do it soon, I would definitely suggest getting it done well before Thanksgiving or wait until after Christmas. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I registered at BBB, Crate & Barrel, and Macy's.

At BBB, FI and I just walked in and registered without a problem.  For the other stores, we went to registry events they had.  The events were pretty nice because we got appetizers and drinks and there were a lot of staff on hand specifically to help with any questions we had. 

I found it fun to do the events, but I don't think any store is going to turn you away from registering if you just walk in.
  • I registered online, never even went into a store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only one I made an appt at was C&B and that was only cause we did one of their events.  Otherwise we just showed up at the stores. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I registered at Macy's on a Saturday and I didn't have an appointment and it was no problem. Someone helped us if we had any questions. It was a lot of fun!
    Anniversary
  • The only thing the department store we're registering at told us about an appointment is that it guarantees you a scanning gun to use.
    If you don't make an appointment you might have to wait until one is free especially if you go at a particularly busy time of the day or week.

Your best bet is to call up the stores and ask them what their advice is. They may not require appointments but if they prefer appointments you might get better service if you make one.
    BabyFruit Ticker Me: 37 DH: 40 Married: 7/31/2011 TTC since September 2011 BFP: Nov. 22, 2012 EDD: July 29, 2013
  • Ì just registered online with BBB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards