Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Where did you/are you getting married?

Hi ladies,

I am at a standstill in my reception venue research and just wanna see if I am missing anything.  I'd love to hear where you guys got married or where you will be getting married.  I'd appreciate your feedback!  Thanks!

Erica

Re: Where did you/are you getting married?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Surf & Sand in Yarmouth, with our reception at Skippy's Pier 1 (they are both owned by the same people).  Skippy's is a restaurant rather than a reception hall, so it has a different feel, but they close the restaurant for your reception.  Food was fantastic, and they went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for the ceremony and reception.  Very reasonably priced too!

www.surfandsandmotel.com

There's not wedding info on the website, but if you talk to Sandy she will be able to help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Got married at The Brookside Club in Bourne, MA - just a mile away from the Bourne Bridge. They don't really advertise in wedding magazines at all so sometimes people miss looking into the venue.
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • Options
    BunsCheer03BunsCheer03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My ceremony is at First Congregational Church in Yarmouth and reception at Harbor Point in Cummaquid, Harbor Point does ceremonys also. Its a great reception location for a budget bride wanting a gorgeous view.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    St. Patricks Church and The Coonamessett Inn for the reception
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we had both the ceremony and reception at Capt Linnell's - it was beautiful, but dealing with the management was a hassle, especially as the wedding got closer (as I have since learned from other brides, they like to change the price per person when the final bill is due). If you look into it and are really interested, let me know and i can give you ways to avoid headaches later on.
    HTH
  • Options
    ND2011ND2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Getting married at Wychmere Beach Club in Harwichport ... worth checking out!

There are so many venue's on Cape though - all depends on what you are looking for and where.  
  • Options
    Soccergal13Soccergal13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ocean's Edge in Brewster.  I love it there, but the minimums are some what high... we have been saving for months :)
  • Options
    Frae2010Frae2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony took place at a beach in Falmouth and my reception at The Coonamessett Inn in Falmouth

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Beach Plum Inn on Martha's Vineyard. I am not sure if being offcape is a deal breaker for you, but I could not rave more highly of the Inn, the location and the overall experience. Pictures of my wedding are in my bio below my sig pic.

http://www.beachpluminn.com/theinn.htm
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at The Wequassett and loved the area but they are not very handicap accessible, which is a problem for us. So we are going to be having both ceremony and reception at the West Dennis Yacht Club. Good luck in your search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all of the feedback.  I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    ErinJ7583ErinJ7583 member
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married this July at Our Lady of Assumption in Osterville and our reception is at The Beach Club in Centerville on Craigville Beach.  Good luck with your planning!  Did you check Willowbend? 

• Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on Martha's Vineyard at the Whaling Church and having the reception at Farm Neck.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    kmurph286kmurph286 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at St. Patrick's church in Falmouth and my reception is at Ballymeade Country Club in East Falmouth.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're having both ceremony and reception at the Heritage Museum and Gardens in Sandwich. The grounds are absolutly beautiful!

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony and reception both at Dan'l Webster Inn in Sandwich!! I'm extremely excited about it too, Bethany our coordinator there has been amazing and awesome about everything!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • Options
    shimmer6855shimmer6855 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a beach ceremony on Sea St Beach in Hyannis & the reception is at the Cape Codder.
    bride and groom 2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jwienersjwieners member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If plymouth county isnt to far there are a ton of venues in this area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Sesuit Harbor Cafe in Dennis MA. It is a cafe that sits right next to the yacht club and in the harbor surrounded but big beautiful boats and docks. We had our ceremony right in the sand facing the water and a big 80X60 white tent in front of the cafe for our reception. The cafe doesnt advertise as a wedding venue but have hosted many. It was a dream comes true- I was a extactic barefoot bride and my groom and I couldnt be happier about our wedding location. The owners of the cafe are amazing- accomidating, helpful, organized and will make whatever you want for your big day happen- Definatly worth checking out. The entire building is covered by colorful bouys, the food is to die for and the view is perfect!
    Check it out if youre looking for an authentic outdoor location-
  • Options
    lsnicks19lsnicks19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sailing Camp Park on Martha's Vineyard!
  • Options
    krowe919krowe919 member
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the St. Thomas Chapel in Falmouth and the reception was at the Flying Bridge.  We had the best time, and we even were able to arrive by boat to the reception on the Liberte.  It was very inexpensive, laid back and everyone had a great time, plus it is right on the water so there was a great view!  I got married over  a year ago and people are still talking about how much fun they had.
  • Options
    cdream05cdream05 member
    edited December 2011
    We got married @ Our Lady of the Cape in Brewster & reception @ Harborpoint in Cummiquid; we loved both!
  • Options
    jlb73jlb73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehersal ceremony at the sesuit harbor cafe too.
    Good food and the staff that worked there were really friendly and accomodating.  I actually think the rehersal dinner was my favourite part of the whole wedding weekend - so relaxed and fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards