Massachusetts-Boston

tux question

has anyone ever had or heard of not only the groom wearing a different colored vest/tie, but also a different pattern from the groomsmen?  I am gonna go w/the geometrics truffle vest for the groomsmen, and my FI is thinking of possibly going w/the bella luna canary pattern/color for his vest (my jr BM is wearing a truffle brown dress like the other BMs, but will also be wearing a canary colored sash).....but I'm not sure about him in a different pattern.....if not this, then he would probably go with the geometrics silver vest b/c he's not big into wearing the white on white.......never thought this part of the planning would be a tough decision...LOL

P.S. the tuxes are from Men's Wearhouse

Re: tux question

• edited December 2011
    My FI is looking to wear a different color from the guys, it can absolutely be done. It actually looks really nice, and he is able to stand out from the other guys on his special day. The groomsmen are wearing navy blue vest and tie, and FI is wearing canary yellow vest and tie..... he was also thinking of doing a black shirt with the black tux. HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    DH had a subtle diamond pattern to his vest. It wasn't really noticeable unless you got up close to it. The GMs wore tuxes, but no vests. Their ties and pocket squares matched the BM dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    Our gm's wore black on black and my H wore ivory on ivory. They were the same pattern but it was SO faint you could hardly tell either way.

I was nervous/apprenhensive at first with him wearing ivory but in the end it looked really nice and was happy with how it turned out.
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on putting everyone is their own color. My FI will be in a white shirt, white (or maybe silver) vest and tie. Both Dad will be in white shirt, black vests and tie. GM will be in white shirt and red vest and tie. Then the 2 jrGM and RB will be in red shirts, black/white/red ties. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone...decided to go w/the geometrics truffle for the GM and RB and then found a geometrics champagne color for my FI....my father will wear the geometrics black vest..I like how the truffle and the champagne (like a light beige) go together
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards