Registry and Gift Forum

Pashminas

I would like to get my bridesmaids a pashmina for our April wedding, since it will be a little chilly and their dresses are strapless.  Anyone have an online source that they have used before that is say $20 or under?  I've been reading reviews of ones I've found online (like Amazon or Ebay) and they are scary!  

Re: Pashminas

• Macy's sells nice ones for $25 as an everyday value product.  All colors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A.C. Moore had some last fall; not sure if they still do. But they were decent for only being 5 bucks.
  • I got ours from Dillards for $25. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If they are part of the wedding attire, they wouldnt be considered a gift. This falls on the same party lines of giving jewelry and shoes to be worn at the wedding.

It is fine if you give them a wrap but please give them something else for their BM gift.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kohl's has them for like $10, and they are fairly decent quality.  I've also bought pashminas that are a bit higher quality from Macy's for like $25.
  • I bought 4 different ones off Amazon, and 2 from another store to try to match the color I wanted as I'm getting these for my bridesmaids to wear with black dresses.

This is the quality of the one I liked the most and the colors were closest $12.99: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OG1RJQ/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would've called this a $20 item....though they say they are marked down from $41 (i think lin the way that mattresses are always marked down from a $5k...)
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • I got some for my girls from Target - they were $10 each and looked great in the pictures. I really didn't want to go too expensive since I had already bought the girls personal gifts as well as bracelets to wear during the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, ladies!  I appreciate the tips so I don't have to waste too much time finding nice pashminas to keep my maids warm!  I'm pretty close to both a Kohl's and a Macy's so I'll go check those two out, and 

KatWAG - If you read my post, nowhere in it do I mention it being part of their gift.  I'm sure bridesmaids around the world are glad you felt it necessary to be ettiquette nazi though! <eye roll> 

• Check your Merriam-Webster, RetreadBride.  When nazi is not capitalized, it refers not to a member of the Nazi party but instead refers to someone who is domineering or dictorial, as KatWAG was in her unhelpful post.  It's not hate speech, but way to jump to conclusions just like KatWAG did in her post.  

It's not part of their gift.  Now that I have said so, I hope the issue can be dropped.

• fashionanything.com
  • I purchased several as part of the welcome bag gift...peach couture online.
    Very nice quality and price was great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards