40-Plus Brides

Your Registry?

I've been thinking what does a 40 plus bride put on her registry?  LOL!

I mean I and my FH will have all the household items we need when we marry.  We don't need to build up anything.  Although I suppose we could upgrade or go with the latest and greatest for some items. 

An idea I had was to ask/request for donations to be made to our favorite charities. 

I really don't know? 

What are you ladies doing or what did you do for your registry?

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

Re: Your Registry?

• We registered for a Honeymoon, since we are paying for a very formal and elaborate wedding (his first) we didn't have any funds left for a Honeymoon. We went directly through the hotel and they have a great website.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    We have not registered and I'm not so sure we will.  We'd orginally thought about responding to inquiries by asking for donations to charity, but that idea faded.  Invitations went out on Friday and, so far, the only person to ask where we're registered is my esthetician.  I'd love to register for a honeymoon, but it feels like asking for cash and that's against my nature.
  • We recently bought a new house so there are alot of things we need and there are a lot of things we can upgrade.  I'm planning on registering for new dishes, silverware, a couple of sheet sets (I like having at least 2, incase I get lazy and don't feel like washing right away!!  LOL), a few more towels and some fun things that I certainly don't NEED but would LOVE to have.  I am a kitchen gadget whore  and I love to cook, so there are some fun things I want, like an ice cream maker or one of those creme brulee torches!!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We registered, but it was 'updates" more than any real needs.  They (e-board gals) say its tacky to register for a honeymoon but personally I have no problem with it and I would rather give $$ to that, or just give cash than to buy an item that may never get used.

• We registered at Home Depot for supplies to fix up our house.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:c27b27b6-ee59-44fb-9ffd-8af25c18e223Post:d12138c9-00f4-437d-a32a-ebe7df79aa00">Re: Your Registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<font color="#800080"><strong>We registered at Home Depot for supplies to fix up our house.
    </strong></font>Posted by Magdala9[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">THIS...is a good idea</font></strong>...didn't think of that!!! Thanks...

But, I have 2 registries; one at Bed Bath and Beyond and the other is Crate and Barrel.

New relationship = new stuff.  I'm still using sheets and towels from my last wedding...not taking them into a new marriage.  And I will probably have more dinner parties (FI is very social) so I need new serveware, buffetware and beverage warmers.
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • edited May 2011
    Reminds me, I need to check with my favorite little wine store to see if they'll set up a registry for me....

EDIT: huh, found a place that will set one up--prices aren't crazy. Can get some California whites for $10 and up.   http://www.vinoclassics.com/
    Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

• We upgraded.  My husband left all his stuff with his ex, and since I'd never been married, I had never gotten all the serverware and stuff, although I'd acquired  a fair amount of stuff--a lot in his opinion.  He also wasn't crazy about my pottery plates, so we got white dinner plates instead.  He's extraordinarily non-materialistic, so it's been kind of interesting, since I'm an acquirer.  We also bought a beach house with his sister and her family last year, so we registered for things for it as well. 

With a large wedding, it definitely made things easier.  My theory was that people will want to buy you gifts--I know I always want to get them for folks--so we should register for a variety of things at different price points.  We did make a note on our website that folks presence at our wedding was their real gift to us, because that's the most important thing.

And, I wouldn't worry about registering at more than two places. I actually did 4, which I felt funny about:  Williams-Sonoma and Bed Bath & Beyond for out of town folks, a local deparment store ( which is where most folks shopped), and a local gift store I love that carries the stainless pattern I want for the beach ( which we did not get, but we got a few beautiful pieces of serveware from them).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards