Snarky Brides

Frustrated! Maybe it's only momentary, but I need to vent...

I am now seeking a venue for our at-home reception....and am so over it.

I am annoyed to exasperation with venues and this little item...that you must put deposit down on tenting "just in case" b/c they are not responsible.  REALLY?  So the thousands of dollars I'm giving you don't cause you to want to ensure we have a wonderful day?  And what if we simply cannot afford the additional cost of a freaking "just in case" tent because we've blown all our money on booking you guys in the first place?  So...we pay you X amount of money...it rains on the day of, and thats it- there is no wedding/reception because WE failed to scrape together additional money ... you get paid and our dream day is a complete and total bust. 

Yes- I know it's not their fault it rains...but neither is it the customers!!!!!!!!!

Please vent here about your venue frustrations......

judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.

Re: Frustrated! Maybe it's only momentary, but I need to vent...

• Well that's one of the drawbacks of an outdoor wedding. You honestly expect them to pay to set up tents(i.e. spend the labor and hours doing so) without getting paid.

What you need to check to see if you get the deposit back if it doesn't rain or if the deposit can be rolled into the cost of the final cost.

Vacation
  • swastika- YES, I expect them to pay for it...at least I do right now in my moment of frustration. 
    judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vent-here-venue-frustrations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4b346e5-2a96-465f-99c7-9099f08d52a0Post:4d8eca17-788e-4ac2-b70d-669e72e59500">Frustrated! Maybe it's only momentary, but I need to vent...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So the thousands of dollars I'm giving you don't cause you to want to ensure we have a wonderful day? 
    Posted by Festiva[/QUOTE]

They're a business. They're not out to make sure you have a wonderful day. They're there to ensure that they make a profit off your event and don't lose any money in the process because it might rain.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vent-here-venue-frustrations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4b346e5-2a96-465f-99c7-9099f08d52a0Post:192888ea-4faf-4a8a-a6a9-a748109d2c22">Re: Frustrated! Maybe it's only momentary, but I need to vent...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Frustrated! Maybe it's only momentary, but I need to vent... : You are on the "snarky brides" board and you're surprised that people are being snarky? (Which they aren't, they are giving you sound advice). If you just want to vent, go to "Wedding Woes."
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth... also next time please atleast make an attempt to spell my name right, or at the very least NOT spell it with the same spelling as a symbol used by Nazi germany kthanksbye :-)
    Vacation
  • I hate it when vendors expect me to pay for things.  They should do it for free because they want me to be happy.

And cfaszews -- you quoted her saying she was joking.  How did you not get that she was joking?
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • swtasa: Your name looks like "swastika" to me, too.  That's how I read it in my head every time I see your post. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Maybe leave your wedding worries to the DW spot you are actually getting married at instead of worrying about an AHR at all. Personally, I feel like AHRs are pretty aw-ish and unnecessary in the first place. Problem solved.
  •  SWASTIKA! SWASTIKA! SWASTIKA!
  • I was more frustrated that all the outdoor ceremony venues I called wouldn't allow tents to be set up at all.  I asked what would happen if it rained.  They basically told me I either get married in the rain or I'm SOL.  I ended up getting an indoor ceremony site with a great view instead.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • It's just part of having an outdoor wedding.   It not only rained on my wedding day, I had a full blown Tropical Storm.  The tent was well worth it.  

I can't speak for other venues, but we do not actually own a tent where we work. If you need a tent you need to rent one because we just do not have them. Considering the costs of tents I'm sure most venues do not own them outright and need to rent them.  Why should the venue eat the cost of a tent if it rains? 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I am going to figure out some way to get the internet to deliver an electrical shock to every person who uses the word "snarky" in a non-ironic fashion.

Just because you don't like the responses doesn't mean they're "snarky" -- sometimes it's just plain logic.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • I looked at one venue that charged a 'what if'' tent fee that was $1000.  But if it was never needed, we still didn't get it back. I am sure that costs them a great deal of business.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards