July 2012 Weddings

Ready for one more wedding recap?

Finally had a chance to sit down and give my recap after the hecticness of wedding and honeymoon.

I just want to say I had a blast at my wedding but to start with the beginning of the day. We did everything ourselves, complete DIY and without my friends and family we couldn't have gotten it all done.

My DH and I got up in the morning and had breakfast together to kind of have the calm before the storm then headed out separately to get all the things over to the venue. My MOH picked me up and we headed out to get the pies for the dessert table. We were supposed to be at the venue with evryone setting up at 9 but they messed up our pie order (had the wrong day) so it took longer to get the pies. I thought my MOH was going to blow a gasket on the lady but I was really calm suprisingly. It worked out fine with just a little delay as we rechoose and packed up the 18 pies.

We finally make it to the venue and I must say I love my friends and family who showed up in full force to help us decorate the picnic pavillion. Everyone was already there and working hard.

This pic cracks me up. My great uncle Clark working on the pom pom poufs:) He is a character.

We were running a little behind and I know my DH was stressed as his boss was supposed to be bringing a pergola that DH had made for us to walk to at the end of the aisle (we plan on putting it in our backyard as a special memory) and a bar that he made as well. His boss was running so late. He did not get there until almost the time I was leaving to go get hair and makeup done so DH was super stressed about getting it all together.

About this time I went to get the FG and RB for a quick rehearsal and of course our sunshiny day went away and it started pouring:( But within 20 minutes it had cleared up and we were able to do a quick rehearsal. You can see DH working on the pergola and my aunt helping the RB practice walking down the aisle in the pic above.

I was getting a little stressed at this point so I was glad that it was time for hair and makeup. since everyone felt we were running behind I ended up going to hair and makeup with just my FG so I have no getting ready pictures.However the calm of just the two of us chilling out at the salon was much needed and Pippa was a real trooper and so well behaved the entire day. Finally we were headed back to the hotel to get ready. Did I mention that it was raining like a monsoon again. Absolute buckets. Do you see where our ceremony was supposed to be? LOL

Anyway we get back to the hotel and get ready and head out to do pictures by the lake and pegola. The rain stops again and we get some lovely pictures by the lake.

The Girls
The Guys
My Dad

This was the one time I teared up the whole night. Showing my Dad the picture of my Mom I was carrying in my bouquet. I lost my Mom to cancer and I wanted to feel that she was with me as I walked down the aisle.

Finally it is time to head to the venue and it was raining again. I was so calm at this point I suprised myself. I just decided it was what it was and if we had rain then so be it. We did have a back up plan to use the pavillion so my only worry was I would have hated for DH to have spent so much time making the pergola and us not using it.

We get there and they have moved the ceremony to under the pergola (of course it was completely not raining again and we could have went with the riverside site but at some point a decision had to be made and the rain was really monsoon like and then no rain at all so it was too much of a gamble. However i found out later when they realized they needed to move the ceremony the BM and his buddies got together and muscled the pergola up the bank and moved it to under the pavillion so we could still get married in front of it. Love those guys!

Guests waiting for the ceremony to start.

The ceremony was so QUICK!! or at least it felt that way. I had butterflies until I was halfway down the aisle and Ed winked at me. From then on I felt absolutely wonderful.

Announced as husband and wife

Right after the ceremony

The rain had stopped again so we took some pics by the river and then got ready to party.

Keeping the dress dry

Favorite picture ever

First dance

Once we finished all the weddingy stuff it was time to party. We announced dinner and while I got a few bites, we spent most of the dinner hour just talking to people. Then we were off to change and ready for the party portion of the night. To kick off the reception, we ran the bar for 20 minutes which was a hoot.

Our BM makes homemade lemonchello(sp?) which we liberally disbursed to our guests.

Our friends had made jello shooters the night before and so we had that as well. Can you tell we like to party. This totally cracks me up. My great uncle Clark loved the jello shooters so much he took a bag home for later. He had never heard of them.

We danced the rest of the night and just had a blast.

Despite the rain, I wouldn't change a thing. Sorry for so long and so many pics. I hoped you enjoyed them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ready for one more wedding recap?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards