Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

i know this is the norm but...

Me and my fiancee are looking for a seating chart. i would love for all the parents to seat at one table but my mother in law absoultly hates his dad. i want my parents to get to know his parents more, but with his motheer hating his dad i cant do that. At his sister's wedding she was unhappy to even walk in the door when annoucing them and was very upset after. Is there another way to have my parents and have his parents be at the same table or close enough so they can talk but be far enough where i dont have to hear her?

Re: i know this is the norm but...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_this-norm-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:c7f5d700-5058-436c-b85c-4f469f6daea4Post:1cda34a7-f2e5-4688-9651-2a80c70abd11">Re: i know this is the norm but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to i know this is the norm but... : It is unfair to put your MIL in a situation where she would have to interact with your FIL if they don't like each other.  Have each set of parents "host" their own table with their family and friends at the wedding.  His parents should walk in seperately (or with their current s/os.)   The wedding is not going to be a good time for the parents to get to know each other anyway.  Each set of parents is going to want to catch up with their own friends and family members.  If you want your parents to get to know his, invite your parents to something with his mother, and then invite your parents to something else with his father.
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]
    Agreed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards