Wedding Party

Re: -

• Let it go.  She's an adult and you don't get to tell her what to wear.  Is it really worth picking a fight over?  If she wants to chop it up and dye it, just let her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-mom-wants-to-wear-her-wedding-dress-to-my-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ca3af497-65ff-4486-b29e-8efbedba86e8Post:50f30624-5b5e-4802-a8bd-eab9f08805aa">Help! Mom wants to wear her wedding dress to MY wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As I was looking throught dress ideas with my mother she tells me she is just going to shorten her wedding dress and dye it a different color for my wedding.  My father passed away a few years ago and I know that it's been really hard for her, but I think its a little disturbing.  Should I just let it go?  or how do I tell her I don't want her to wear that at my wedding? Help!
    Posted by jfuntenatto[/QUOTE]

It's not like she's going to be wearing a long white dress.  Let her cut it, dye it and be happy wearing it.  Eventually, I'll cut mine to cocktail length and wear it again.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Ditto PP. You can't tell her what to wear. The most you can do if offer to go shopping with her and call it a day. 
  • I think it's kinda sweet, and as previously mentioned, it won't be long or white.  Let it go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2012
    This could be really cool.  YOu could even figure out a way to incorporate some of the fabric in your own veil or bouquet.  
  • I plan on doing the same thing to my wedding dress when I finish with it.  Good for your mom that she still fits in it after all these years.  Its not like she's parading around in the dress as it originally looked.
  • My mom dyed her wedding dress and wore out for my parent's first anniversary.  It's no big deal. . .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards