Plus-Sized

Song for the First Dance...

My FI is letting me have anything I want that we can afford- we lost my original venue location cause it was the first place we saw and he thought we needed to look around so he feels bad - inturn i get everything i want as long as i say please and give him the 'look'
But he did ask for one thing - he picked our first dance song - I love the song but just don't think it is right for a first dance... we both always liked it and it was on the radio on the way to the proposal site... the lirics work for us (together almost ten years with some highs and lows) so i suggested a acoustic or a cover version but he wants the original... Do i let him have this one or pull the "but baby please ... " card
song is WonderWall by Oasis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DvRCykzHy4
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

Re: Song for the First Dance...

• edited March 2012

It doesn't get any better than BOYCE AVENUE!!!!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!! Put on that girly girl charm and get him to enjoy this version :http://youtu.be/FQNN5kCbQcQ

GIRL POWER Kiss If all else fails... let em have his song,lolCool

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Although this is one of my favorite songs, I see what you're saying about not really being a "first dance song"..but if my fiance was letting me choose everything for the entire day, and his only simple request was dancing to a certain song, I'd do it. He's giving you everything..give him this. It's his day too.
  • Love that song!!! Your first dance song doesn't have to be typical love & romance song.  It should reflect the two of you and your relationship.  I say.... if it is a song that has meaning to the two of you... go for it!
  • I personally think anything can be a first dance song, so if it is actually meaningful to you I would actually say give it to him. It's his wedding too.

I'm thinking of a Rilo Kiley song for our first dance and that is definitely non-traditional or expected, but it's meaningful to us because it was the first concert we ever went to together.
  • Haha, if we went the first concert we went to together route, it's be a song by the death metal band Vader...

We're actually going old school with Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons- Can't Take My Eyes Off You. I don't know why but we love that song. That and Build Me Up Buttercup are favorites but since the latter is all about waiting for someone to call who doesn't, hah, we went with the first choice.  
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards