June 2014 Weddings

What do you think of these flowers?

I bought my dress last week and it has a light blue trim on it.  This is the style of my dress-

But the trim color on mine is a light blue.

What do you think of that dress with these flowers?  Not the actual flowers just the colors. 

My mom thinks that it's too much and the colors kind of clash together.  I would do everything else in white and light blue for the wedding so only the flowers would be in all of these colors.

What do you think?  Too much?  Thanks in advance ladies!  :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What do you think of these flowers?

• I think you could pull off those colors nicely with everything else being white and light blue. I like the idea of adding in a little extra pop of color into the flowers. I googled some things and found this website with this photo of a bridal party with blue dresses and colorful bouquets...

http://www.bouquetweddingflower.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/colorful-rustic-dahlia-bouquet-2.jpg

It seemed like their bouquets looked similar to the colors you posted. I thought it was a very pretty and stood out against the all light blue dresses. I hope that helps a little bit! Smile
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • O lucky buying your dress already! I think that would be gorgeous!
  • A poppy bouquet would be lovely against an all-white dress, like PP suggested; although I think in your case all those brigths would overpower your already elaborate dress. The two belong to two different styles, IMO. Your dress is quite regal looking, whereas a bright bouquet speaks more of an off-beat kind of style. 
    I would stick to flowers in various shades of white and add a few blue ones to complement the light blue trim. Even adding a few small light pink blooms wouldn't hurt, and you'd still get a colourful bouquet. JMO, though!
  • I kinda agree with BH on this one. But it's your wedding and it can be however you want it.

I do have to ask out of curiosity, why did you decided to get a dress this soon? Lol I would be terrified I would gain/lose weight between now and then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_what-do-you-think-of-these-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:8af8d720-63be-4f57-ae24-167672d25acePost:26486b3f-fc34-43cb-bb2a-abf2e9f39a78">Re: What do you think of these flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I kinda agree with BH on this one. But it's your wedding and it can be however you want it. I do have to ask out of curiosity, why did you decided to get a dress this soon? Lol I would be terrified <strong>I would gain/lose weight between now and then</strong>.
    Posted by SugarFoote[/QUOTE]

Not just terrified that I would... I definitely would.  lol

I also like the idea that BH had.  That would look better IMO
  • lynn614lynn614 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for all of your opinions ladies!  :) 

This is the actual trim color of my dress.

And this is an actual photo of my dress. 

The trim color can really best be described as a periwinkle blue that can look more blue or more purple depending upon the light/angle. 

I have been the same size for over ten years now.  I went to a bridal shop that was having a huge sale and all of the proceeds were going to a local women's charity so since that was part of the sale I bought my dress.  It will need to be altered some but I will wait until 2014 for that.  And I picked a dress with a lace-up back on purpose for last minute weight gain/loss.  The bridal shop owner said that I could go up a size or down a size once all of the alterations are finished and it would be okay because of the lace-up back. Also the dress was only $300.  So I could change my mind and buy another dress and it wouldn't be that much of a loss. Or I could sell my dress on CL and then buy something else. But I really do love it! :)

My mom wants me to consider having a white or pink peony bouquet.  I don't know. I have plenty of time to decide though.

My mom thinks that I should go with an all white bouquet like this. I'm just more drawn to brighter colors. =/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lotus-  Love the pic! Thanks!

Bulgari- My mom has made the same suggestions as you!  :)

Everyone seems to agree with going with a white bouquet.  Thanks for the input ladies.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lynn, that is awesome that you could help out a charity! Way to go!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree that it is awesome!  And your dress is absolutely gorgeous!  I am so freaking jealous.  If I could I would go buy mine tomorrow.  lol
  • About $150 of the purchase price of my dress was going to be donated to a local women's charity that helps victims of domestic violence.  The bridal shop owner was selling off a lot of her sample dresses that she didn't need anymore and she wanted to give back to the community too. My dress was not very expensive because it is from a collection that is a few years old.  Knowing that some of the price of the dress was going to charity made it an easy decision to buy it that day. The bridal shop was packed that day!  The owner said that she was hoping to make atleast $3,000 to donate!  She's a wonderful lady!  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards