Connecticut

Makeup Artist your using? Possibly Airbrush?

Hi Ladies!

I am looking for recomendations on make up artists in Mystic/Groton area. Who have you decided to use, or have used in the past and how did you like them? I am looking for someone to make me a more beautiful polished version of myself.

I am also very interested in airbrushing.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Re: Makeup Artist your using? Possibly Airbrush?

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Dana Bartone & co....they're based out of Cheshire and they travel all over the state of CT, so I believe Mystic/Groton would be no problem. They have an excellent reputation and they do airbrush. I highly recommend!

www.danabartone.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Naomi's Salon.  They are based out of West Hartford but also travel to you the day of.  They also include air brush.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Erin Infantino, www.simplygorgeousbyerin.com. She's traveling to Newport for me. I've used her before and so have some of my friends. She won't make you look like a pageant queen, LOL!
  • RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sara Faella out of RI but she travels all over, she is awesome and great to work with.  Airbrush is what she specializes in http://www.sarafaella.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Larissa Lake.. She travels as well and will do airbrush as well.. Her prices seems seems lower and much more reasonable compared to the others!!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_makeup-artist-using-possibly-airbrush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:d0472250-d62b-4d92-8b61-30add770e76fPost:b3fba1f9-df51-44b6-b979-fd625b72015b">Re: Makeup Artist your using? Possibly Airbrush?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Naomi's Salon.  They are based out of West Hartford but also travel to you the day of.  They also include air brush.
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]
    Ditto!  I'm getting married in Groton and they are traveling to do my makeup and hair along with my BM's.  They book far in advance!
  • edited December 2011
    I tried Larissa Lake - but she was already booked for my day. I would like to ideally find an airbrush and hair artist... I was considering Naomi's Salon, but her packages seem slightly pricey for my budget. :( I'm glad I saw this because I was considering starting a thread to see if anyone had any suggestions!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    SarahJeane, if you're still looking I'll second the Larissa Lake suggestion.  I got married in Mystic, she came to the Mystic Hilton to do my hair & makeup and bridesmaids' hair.

I think any hair & makeup is expensive, but she was well worth the price I paid and I did get airbrush makeup as well.  I think she's very competitive and I've never seen a bad review of her!
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    can I ask what you guys ended up spending for airbrush makeup? sis you pay for the 3 person minimum or someone else?
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm looking for someone who can do hair and makeup :) Thanks in advance!

@kfesta - I did contact Dana Bartone & co, just waiting to hear back to see if they have availability on my date!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • jandr3jandr3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Danielle Santagata and she was fantastic. My original make up artist had emergency surgery a week before my wedding, and Danielle was able to come out to my venue and do my makeup perfectly without a trial.  I didn't think I'd like airbrush, but I felt like I wasn't wearing makeup at all.  Highly recommend her!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Naomi's Salon in West Hartford too! I would definitely suggest trying them!
  • SarahJeaneSarahJeane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! This will be a big help! :)
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Jennifer Hodge of Spectrum Makeup Artistry. She was featured on Style Me Pretty's Little Black Book and does fantastic work! Her prices were 150 for bride, 100 for Moms, 75 for bridesmaids. She has a 4 person minimum to travel, but is based in Wakefield, RI, only a half hour from Mystic. And she's the only person I found who will travel for a fee even if you don't make the minimum people required. It'll end up blowing my budget a bit, but a relief to know I have an expert who will come to me!

Anniversary

• GBroc22GBroc22 member
    edited December 2011
    Ivette Wellman is amazing!!! www.ivettewellman.com

She traveled to Cape Cod for my wedding, and did my sister's wedding 4 years ago.  She does airbrush and traditional, and my bridesmaids are still raving about how wonderful they looked :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards