April 2013 Weddings

AW: Lots of checks!

I realized this morning that I have checked off almost all of my big things to do for the wedding. This weekend, we decided on an invitation vendor, booked our limo, went to our tasting and got our contract for that sorted out, and I think I may have found my veil (more than I wanted to spend but it's PERFECT...I think I'm going to have to go for it). I just need to send in the contract for the ceremony musicians, but, as they're through my church, they're already reserved for the date and just waiting for our music choices. Plus, we did our first of 2 pre-canas this weekend, so that will be all done by next Friday.

I think we just have the following big things until it comes time for sending invitations and getting all the details made/ready for the day of:
*Planning the rehearsal dinner
*Booking the honeymoon
*Hair trial
*Actually buying the veil
*Favors (but we know what we want so...we just have to order and are waiting until our guest list is 100% set)

Everything else is pretty much in progress so I don't have to worry about calling/researching/booking - just following the schedules of payments and meetings that are already pretty set. It's kind of exciting/freaky to have so much done!

How's planning going for you all?

Re: AW: Lots of checks!

• I'm done with everything and bored and ready for the wedding to be here and to be over! LOL. It's seriously just a waiting game now. Waiting till the engagement photos, waiting till the cake tasting, waiting for the shower, rehearsal dinner (though I do still need to plan that.) But everything else is finished! So I guess it will make it pretty stress free over the holidays which is nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YAY for the checks!

FI and I registered this weekend so that was fun!  We are also having our second meeting with the Priest tonight.  I sent in the registration for Pre Cana last week and all the Save the Dates are officially sent out!

We recently moved though so I need to contact my vendors and give them my new address which I am putting off because I hate calling people.  Everyone thinks I am five and asks for my mom, which is sad when I AM the mom. lol 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Let's see I have -

~ Wedding Venue (Church)
    ~ Reception Venue (Country Club,Paid in full thanks to MIL)
    ~ Wedding Dress
    ~ Veil
    ~ Hair Trial Done
    ~ Jewelry
    ~ Shoes
    ~ Rehersal Dinner Scheduled (Barn party with all my friends, alcohol, and the adults from the wedding party - DH's Sis and BIL good time for all)
    ~ STDs and Invitations ordered
    ~ Guest List ironed out
    ~ Favors figured out, but not purchased
    ~ Centerpieces started, we're making them
    ~ Brooch Boquets
    ~ MIL is taking care of the rest of the flowers

I think we're done, just waiting not so patiently on the day to roll around so I can wear the dress and the shoes. LOL
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_aw-lots-of-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:176d23e1-db63-4925-96b4-7dcc8e0fa124Post:475b8c65-8735-4e82-a3b3-4a3b7835947a">Re: AW: Lots of checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let's see I have - ~ Wedding Venue (Church) ~ Reception Venue (Country Club,Paid in full thanks to MIL) ~ Wedding Dress ~ Veil ~ Hair Trial Done ~ Jewelry ~ Shoes ~ Rehersal Dinner Scheduled (Barn party with all my friends, alcohol, and the adults from the wedding party - DH's Sis and BIL good time for all) ~ STDs and Invitations ordered ~ Guest List ironed out ~ Favors figured out, but not purchased ~ Centerpieces started, we're making them ~ Brooch Boquets ~ MIL is taking care of the rest of the flowers I think we're done, just waiting not so patiently on the day to roll around so I can wear the dress and the shoes. LOL
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]

I am TOTALLY with you on that. I feel like it's a very "hurry up and wait" situation, which I hate. I've been doing all this planning and now it's almost done and I still have 6 months until I marry my man. I just want it to be here already! I'm ready to be a wife (and wear a super pretty dress and have everyone ooh and ahh over me and my wedding :P)
  • Here are my wedding checks:

Ceremony Venue-
    Reception Venue
    DJ
    Bakery for Cake
    Officiant
    Bridesmaid dresses ( orderd Dessy dresses online and saved $100 per dress!)
    Limo
    Save the dates- already mailed 2 months ago
    Invitations- just delivered from our Etsy vendor
    Wedding dress- still being designed, but at least the design has been picked!
    Hotel rooms blocked
    Honeymoon booked
    Rehearsal Dinner venue booked- just need to figure out menu and invitations
    Registry- BBB and Crate and Barrel

Now I am bored! I need something more to do! LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome. I'm rather hurry up and wait myself. I started planning early, so most of it is done (just picked out the guy's tuxes [with FI's help of course] this weekend) other than the stuff I just can't do until April gets closer. I'm dying to get my FG's dress picked out, but she's little so I don't feel safe finding something until we get closer to April since she's undoubtedly going to grow...agh. I'm so ready for this wedding to get here so I can enjoy everythign already!

I'm glad planning's going well for everyone else!
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • I bought two dresses for the Flower Girl, one the size we think and one the next size up. Happened to find them both at the thrift store, with the tags, less than $20 for both. ;)
  • Looks like we're an organized group of April brides! I have a lot of things checked off myself:

Ceremony/reception venue (they also do all the catering)
    Officiant
    Photographer (E pics done this past Sunday)
    DJ
    Photobooth
    Florist
    Hotel block reserved
    Honeymoon booked
    Dress and accessories (all except the shoes)
    BM dresses
    Hair/makeup team booked and trial already done
    Save the dates (will go out next month)

Next on my agenda are invitations, place to get mani/pedis the day before and rehearsal dinner spot. Waiting on my future in laws to weigh in on that since they are
    hosting it.

I'm fine with hurrying up and waiting. While i can't wait for the big day to get here, I know I'll be sad when it's over and the anticipation of it is part of the fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ~ Wedding Venue (Church)
    ~ Reception Venue
    ~ Wedding Dress
    ~ BM Dresses are IN!
    ~ Photographer
    ~ Florist
    ~ Shoes
    ~ STDs out
    ~ Invitations ordered
    ~ Guest List ironed out
    ~ Favors figured out, but not purchased
    ~ FI Suit purchased
    ~ Honeymoon Reserved
    ~ Hair/Make up Trial booked
    ~ Hotel Blocks done
    ~ DJ done
    ~ Veil appointments
    ~ First Bakery flaked on the contract so have round two of tastings booked
    ~ Pre Cana done
    ~ MOB Dress approved/purchased
    ~ according to MOH shower and bach party all set
    ~ rings picked out but not purchased

Just need limo, GM suits,decorations and rehearsal dinner stuff. (SIGH) i guess i still have a lot left...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards