December 2012 Weddings

Any 12-12-12 Brides?

Im getting married on 12-12-12, but Im not sure to make it our offical wedding date, because him and I are going to a court house on that day to get married, and then having our actual wedding when we have more money saved up, Im not sure what to do, if we should wait to have a wedding, or do the courthouse on the 12th! Can someone help me please

Re: Any 12-12-12 Brides?

• Just wait to have the wedding. You only get one wedding. The other one would be a vow renewal, if anything.

It's actually really offensive to say you're waiting to have your "actual wedding" because that implies that the courthouse wedding is not a "real wedding." You say your vows, you sign the papers, you're married. It's about as real as it gets.
    Anniversary
  • Im sorry I offended you, I really didnt mean to, I wasnt meaning it like that, I just meant that we want a court house wedding, but then him and I would fly home to renew our vows since my parent and grandparents cant fly out here to see me get married. Im really sorry
  • Oh I'm not offended! I just wanted you to know in case you say something like that on a busier board, I didn't want you to get chewed out.

Case in point, just call it a vow renewal. Don't register for gifts.

Are you religious? A better option (my FI and I were thinking of this) would be to have your vows blessed by a pastor. You can have a small blessing ceremony for your parents and grandparents so they would have something to see instead of a reenactment, which essentially it would be if you do a vow renewal so close to your wedding.
    Anniversary
  • I have the same dilemma:(  I like beautiful dates, like 11.11.11, 12.12.12 but I want a big wedding, but now it's impossible because of our budget...but 12.12.12 is the last beautiful date in our century:((( What I should to do? 
  • edited February 2012
    Our 3 year anniversary is 12-12-12 and we decided to get married on that day! We were going to do it on the 21st, but then realized we wouldn't be able to save up enough money by then. So we will be having a very small ceremony on 12-12-12 with our immediate family and our wedding party, then a year later we will have a "wedding celebration" or the "actual party" as we have been telling our family and friends. Just make sure they know that you are already married and are having the party afterwards and all will be fine... You can still register for gifts, but do not expect anything since you will already be married. 

Be careful who you tell this to on the Knottie boards, like a PP said many of the ladies on here may take offence, I've seen it happen and it's not pretty :( 
  • I wanted the same number pattern. So, we are doing ours 12-21-12. It is still a neat number and as a bonus it is Winter solstice and the world may end that day (eyeroll)!
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Katy, 

We were going to do 12-21-12 instead, but we just couldn't settle for the date. You can tell everyone that you will be surrounded by the ones you love when the world ends :) 
  • Hi, 

I'm getting married on 12-12-12 at 12 noon. I'm getting married in a Church who's address also includes 122012, crazy! I know! lol. 

Casie here's my 12 cents. This is YOUR DAY!!! I repeat YOUR DAY!!! If you love the date 12-12-12 get married on that date! Whether its in a court house, church, or hall with a million people watching. Choose What makes YOU & your Fiance Happy!!! 

People often get confused on what weddings are about. It is not about the reception or spending thousands of dollars its about doing what makes you happy. So if you love the dated 12-12-12 get married on that date. Save Your Money and the following year when you save enough money you can have your reception and get married again.

I hope this was helpful.

-Mia

P.S.
    Do What Make YOU happy! :) & Congratulations!!
    It Was Luv At First Bite!
  • Just have your courthouse wedding and have a nice big family style reception! 12.12.12 is my date too, its our only child's 5th birthday. We couldn't afford a lavish wedding and reception, so we opted to elope with 35 family members in Vegas, then have a reception when we get back. Its all about the date for. A wedding is a wedding regardless of where its held.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My wedding date is 12/12/12!

I just love seeing that date =)
  • We are going to the courthouse will follow with a NICE reception BUT we are gonna have a wedding ceremony about 6 months after when it gets warmer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you get married 12-12-12 that is your OFFICIAL weding date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So my FI picked 12/12/12 because 1. he wanted a 4th of July wedding but I didn't want to wait till 2013 to get married (why lose the tax break) and 7/4/12 was just too close to when we got engaged (I asked him on 5/1 with a bent paper clip and he asked me on 5/31 with my perfect sapphire ring). 2. One of his co-workers was married on 11/11/11 and that guy said get married 12/12/12 and you won't forget the date which why he always wanted a 4th of July wedding. Because I don't want a large wedding and we both have huge families we decided to get married on 12/12 in Tahoe (where I went to high school) with only our closest 35 family and friends then have a BBQ reception on 7/4/13 with everyone. I even got a dress that works for both our dates so we can take picture at the BBQ with people who didn't come to the ceremony. By doing this we are splitting up the cost (we are paying for everything ourselves), we get both dates that we wanted, and in the future he and I will have an "anniversary" every 6ish moths. My favorite part of our plans is that our colors are red, white and blue. FI and I will have blue accents while MOH dress is red as well as BM tie. This way we can have our pictures from both days look tied together rather than totally random. My mom is even helping me make mother and grandmother bracelets rather than corsages and they will be red, white and blue beads.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards